Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#67220 by Pondo
Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:31 am
Amazon offers a Japanese Version of Physicist. Can sb tell me how the 4 japan-tracks are called and if its worthwhile to buy this version?

#67388 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:09 am
Sorry for the delay, I had to hunt around for a while to find this release, as I havent seen it around for a while.

The japanese version has the following track listing:

1. Namanste
2. Victim
3. Material
4. Kingdom
5. Death
6. Devoid
7. Complex
8. Irish Maiden
9. Jupiter
10. Planet Rain
11. Forgotten*
12. Man*
13. Ocean Machine*
14. Promise

Though 'Forgotten' is on every version, so its really only 3 bonus tracks. I dont know if this version still has the multimedia content either.

The 3 actual 'bonus tracks' are all available on the Ass-Sordid 1 release, available from http://www.HevyDevy.com so I would say that there isn't much to be gained in getting this version. These extra songs are worth getting, but it would make more sense to get the whole Ass-Sordid disc instead. Thats what I would do anyway, or did.

Hope that helps!

-David

#67487 by MullHawk
Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:53 pm
The japanese version has all the multi media content, my version has anyway.

#69600 by static
Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:52 pm
Stupid audiophile question for those who have the Physicist import:

Does the end of 'Promise' cut off? Fade out?

On Ass-Sordid, all the songs flow together, so I'm wondering what Dev did with the end of Promise, as it's the last song.

#69626 by Blazingmonga
Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:42 am
static wrote:Stupid audiophile question for those who have the Physicist import:

Does the end of 'Promise' cut off? Fade out?

On Ass-Sordid, all the songs flow together, so I'm wondering what Dev did with the end of Promise, as it's the last song.

What version of Promise have you heard?

Ages ago when I downloaded it, there was a version missing the end bit. The version on Ass Sordid 1 is complete though, and this is going to be the same version on this import.

#72438 by Nebularus
Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:38 pm
I have the Japanese version of Physicist and I recently downloaded the track Promise from Ass-sordid II and the tracks are different! What I mean to say is that the Physicist version has a much more polished sound and has some added electronics.

#72466 by Blazingmonga
Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:39 am
Nebularus wrote:I have the Japanese version of Physicist and I recently downloaded the track Promise from Ass-sordid II and the tracks are different! What I mean to say is that the Physicist version has a much more polished sound and has some added electronics.

Promise is on Ass-Sordid 1...perhaps there is some track title confusion here? As far as I know there is only one version of this song.
#166743 by Marijn
Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:46 am
Why do Japanese people always get more tracks than people from other countries...?
#166773 by Biert
Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:48 am
Marijn wrote:Why do Japanese people always get more tracks than people from other countries...?

Because CDs are ridiculously expensive in Japan, so the record companies want to stimulate them to buy the 'native' version rather than import it from USA/Austrlia/Europe.
#167025 by Retribution
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:40 am
That is the argument that they use indeed. But the regular prices as far as I've seen for new cd's are around 2500 to 3000 yen. That's maybe 16 to 19 euro which isn't expensive I think compared to how it is in Europe. Some stores go over 20 euro even. And WE don't get anything extra at all. Except the usual ripoff when it comes to electronics or multimedia :P
#167030 by Blazingmonga
Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:31 am
Here in Scotland, for the average (metal, non-chart) CD I would expect to pay about £15 on the high street.

As of today, £15 =

$30 (US)
20 Euros
3100 Yen

Which may be quite expensive in the grand scheme of things.
#167230 by Matt Nevens
Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:45 am
the internet is the way forward cds are pretty cheap, sometimes its easier for me to order things from the US and get them delivered to the UK, and its often cheaper