Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#117834 by King Ghidorah
Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:06 pm
Hey pisshead (that sounds like im going to start a fight lol), the Physicist commentary isnt on a digi-pak its an enhanced cd so stick the disc in a pc and it should load by its self.

#117839 by Tracy
Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:15 am
Pisshead wrote:Thanks for that Tracy, I know it makes no sense for me to comment on Dev's work, I just had a compulsion to give my two cents.

By the way, is the commentary on the Physicist Digipack something I should track down? It seems really rare compared to the Terria special edition (which I own).

As King said, there is no digipack, it is included in the enhancement on every CD, except Japanese editions. Most of the enhancement content is now grossly out of date but the commentary is still there.

#128014 by SmashingTool
Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:54 am
I had NO idea that physicist was enhanced like that!!!!!

I'm going through my devin collection and no other albums seem to have this feature.... :(

Anyone know of any other resources like this on the physicist cd?
#186249 by sylkicks
Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 pm
I always got the feeling Physicist was leaning more toward the SYL end of things. It's not one of my favs, but still great, like everything Dev plops out :P
#186972 by Feehan
Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:34 am
i never thought of it as being a SYL album, it is more frantic than some of his other solo stuff which i guess makes people think that it was spost 2 be syl

and as tracy said its the members of syl so its gona sound like them. if metallica covered umbrella by rihanna it would still sound like metallica.

p.s. awesome album aswell :D
#204358 by Ravonite
Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 am
I don't think it ever sounded like a Strapping album even on my first listen, too much happiness! I don't get the whole talk of it being a "restricted" Strapping record. I mean, it's a solo effort it would surely be anything but restricted due to Dev's creative control. The concept is very straightforward, to combine all ideas that were in his previous albums and combining into a whole new sound. The brutal drumming and chugging guitars, with poppy elements and less of the middle finger. On it's own it's a great record and I think it can stand on its own.

Also I can see a lot more people getting into Physicist after Addicted comes out.