Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#86186 by Blazingmonga
Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:59 am
Ha, that was genius!

Couldn't really have put any of that any better.

#86199 by Chris
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:27 am
Damn, how long did it take you to think of all those comparisons? Maybe the whole Porcupine Tree-song you were listening to while typing? :shock:

Anyway, of course I agree with our beloved Mango-Monga: AWESOME! I really really enjoyed reading it

#86200 by Persuader
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:38 am
into the voigtex wrote:Physicist is the quiet guy in the mailroom, and Strapping is the guy getting a blowjob in the corner office.

:D :D :D
Best comparison so far!!

Physicist is Jupiter. While grand, it´s devoured by the black hole that is Strapping.

Strapping is a full house. Physicist is two pairs missing an ace.

Strapping is Grease. Physicist is Glitter.

#86269 by gurp13
Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:42 am
into the voigtex wrote:If Strapping is Les Miserables, and Infinity is Phantom of the Opera, then Physicist is Waiting For Godot.

:-) I don't know what this means, but I like it. Nicely done.

#86304 by JuZ
Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:44 pm
into the voigtex wrote:
... I can't think of anything else right now.

You no come here! Illegal!

:wink:

#86364 by doomsoldier
Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:39 pm
Strapping is Sylvester Stallone in Rambo 2. Physicist is Sylvester Stallone in Rambo 1. Ocean Machine is Sylvester Stallone in Rocky.

XD

#87810 by BaldMosher446
Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:26 pm
Great comparisions. That must've taken a while to come up with all those.

#88007 by into the voigtex
Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:29 am
BaldMosher446 wrote:Great comparisions. That must've taken a while to come up with all those.

Would it scare you if I told you it didn't? Took about as long as it took to type them out. I was having a very stream-of-conciousness afternoon. :D

I do like the Francisco Goya comparison, though. Look up Goya on wikipedia. It's cool. I think they might even have pictures.

Ro

#88093 by BaldMosher446
Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:27 pm
into the voigtex wrote:
BaldMosher446 wrote:Great comparisions. That must've taken a while to come up with all those.

Would it scare you if I told you it didn't? Took about as long as it took to type them out. I was having a very stream-of-conciousness afternoon. :D

I do like the Francisco Goya comparison, though. Look up Goya on wikipedia. It's cool. I think they might even have pictures.

Ro

I flinched a little when I read that. :)

#90333 by JohnnyP
Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:03 am
a really good way of putting it out :D
lol while reading it...

#96139 by dargormudshark
Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:15 am
I always thought "The Complex" could have passed for a song off City.

#97211 by Tracy
Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:17 pm
hairy wrote:It was supposed to be a SYL album ,but it ended "too light" for being labelled under the SYL sticker. So it ended as a solo project.
It was really supposed to ba a SYL album though.

No, that's not true. It was never intended to be an SYL record, it's just what came out of him at the time. He was in a very dark place but starting to see happier times and the record reflects it. That the SYL guys played on it was just coincidence. Gene played on Infinity as well.

#97225 by gurp13
Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:35 pm
Tracy wrote:
hairy wrote:It was supposed to be a SYL album ,but it ended "too light" for being labelled under the SYL sticker. So it ended as a solo project.

No, that's not true. It was never intended to be an SYL record, it's just what came out of him at the time. He was in a very dark place but starting to see happier times and the record reflects it. That the SYL guys played on it was just coincidence. Gene played on Infinity as well.

pwned!

:lol: just kidding. I've just never gotten to write "pwned" before. Sorry.

#97310 by hairy
Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:46 pm
Tracy wrote:

I remember the newsleeters from that area...
Dev was talking about a "positive" Strapping album... I'll check this out ;)

#97311 by hairy
Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:19 pm
hairy wrote:
Tracy wrote:

I remember the newsleeters from that area...
Dev was talking about a "positive" Strapping album... I'll check this out ;)

In an old interview that came along with a newsletter:

Quest: Was physicist supposed to be a Strapping CD?

DT: Originally, it started off as being a contender, but it was just so depressed, and lethargic while making it, that it would have cheated the SYL fans if it had been completed as such.

At the time, there were others labels on Physicist like: Diet coke of strapping, and strapping light. (said that the labels were given by Dev himself).