Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#76461 by asparagusDuck
Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:13 am
The unthinkable has happened, I am missing my Physicist cd! I put it in my mom's labtop to put it on itunes the other day and now i cant find the damn thing. My mom will have no idea where it is because she just kinda throws my cds around. grrr. i always made sure to take care of my dev cds :cry:

i hope i can find it.
anybody here have to deal with the loss of a devin townsend cd?

#76462 by jon
Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:33 am
its not a loss, but i noticed the other day that the second half of my terria cd is scratched pretty bad.
it plays ok up to 'fluke', then it starts jumpin.
it'd be fair to say that im mighty pissed off.

#76473 by burning witch
Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:13 am
The same happened to me. I left my copy of 'Heavy as..' downstairs one day ontop of the Dvd player (where I thought it'd be safe) and it vanished. God knows where my mother dearest put it but I never ever found it and had to buy a new copy. :(

Pesky parents, don't they understand how valuable Devin cds are to us?!

#76512 by CardDinour
Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:16 pm
that sucks!! i only got physicist last week and its a mighty fine album :)
you should turn your house upside down, shake it like a polaroid picture :P until you find it ;)

@jon: that happened to my Awake cd, and i was so crushed i went and bought it again, luckily it wasnt too expensive :)

#76635 by djskrimp
Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:48 pm
Dude, let me commiserate with you....When I bought my first copy of the Official Bootleg, I was totally stoked. I listened to it non-stop for a week. One day, I noticed that there was some silver flake on my fingers after playing the CD, and I got a little suspicious. I looked at the CD, and there was a little hole where the silver metal flake should have been on the CD. Needless to say, the darn thing had rubbed off, and became unplayable. I bought another copy that night, and have learned to treat CD a lot better.

Sorry for you loss, by the way.

#79584 by asparagusDuck
Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:20 am
phew i found it. it was in my brother's cd player for some reason. he never even listens to dev. anyway, im glad its back!

another weird cd losing story, im sure this has happened to other people. About 5 months ago, i noticed that i couldn't find my Opeth - Damnation cd. After looking for months, I finally ordered a new one. Then of course, the day before it came, I found my OLD one in my girlfriend's boombox. It was in her basement and apparently she hadnt listened to it in 5 months! Anyway since i had 2 damnations i gave one to my bro. oh well.

#120110 by VelvetKevorkian429
Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:11 pm
Good to hear you found your CD.

did your borther like it? that would kick ass.

Anyways, I havn't lost any of my Dev/SYL CDs ever (I keep them lined up on my computer desk and I knwo they are always there.)
But recently I just lost my 'Terria' shirt and my DTB beanie :(

#120111 by VelvetKevorkian429
Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:12 pm
And also Devin's forehead on that cartoony picture t-shirt is starting to fade >_<

#120114 by hairy
Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:14 pm
I lost "No sleep 'til bedtime".
At the time I did not have access to the internet, so I bought it again from HDR.

Next time I lose a CD, I'll buy a used one from the web.

#120121 by psychotic
Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:42 pm
I had a really bad scratch on my "No Sleep 'Til Bedtime", so I had to buy myself a new one.

#120127 by Pisshead
Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:26 am
Wah Wah Wah :P

#120132 by djskrimp
Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:46 am
Pisshead wrote:Wah Wah Wah :P

Kirk Hammett likes a lot of wah with his guitar, too....

#120149 by shiram
Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:19 am
never lost a cd
i just love to have them organized, so i always know where they are

#120151 by Goat
Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:04 am
I'm missing Liquid Tension Experiment 2, Cacophony's Speed Metal Symphony and Jason Becker's Perspective. It is so frustrating, I have no idea where the fuck could those CDs be. I still hope to find them one day, when it will matter the most :(.