Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#78982 by SolidusSnake082
Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:31 pm
The Complex would be sick! To hear that breakdown in the middle of the song live would be insane! \m/ :twisted:

#78992 by LouiLoomis
Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:03 pm
This is Ryan's reply...

ryan wrote:
LouiLoomis wrote:Hmm... The thing that concerns me is if anything off Physicist will ever get played again. I kill to see Namaste, Kingdom, Material and Planet Rain live. Have you been rehearsing any of these songs Ryan? :?

I learnt Namaste and Kingdom.....we were supposed to have done one of those song's for the DTB DVD. I think it was "Kingdom" Dev wanted to do.....We ended up not having enough time and did'nt play either song. Same with "Ants"....I started learning that song but we never did end up playing that song for the DVD either....

To answer your question, No we have'nt been rehearsing any Physicist....but you never know. Dev can change his mind on anything at anytime. I think if we were ever to play a Physicist song live, it would be "Kingdom". Great song and Dev has mentioned that before.... 8)

#78996 by psychotic
Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:04 pm
I would kill to see any of the songs on the album played live. I know Jupiter is pretty much out of the question since I remember Devin saying on the enhanced part of the CD that it's not one of his favorite songs that he's done (although I LOVE that song), but as for the rest of it, I would love to see any of it.

#79255 by engram
Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:52 pm
Physicist is my favourite album but when I saw Devin in Italy DTB plaied a lot of songs from any other album!

I think it's a technical problem because Physicist was entirely performed in another guitar key. (B)

Sorry for my english..... :cry:

#79583 by asparagusDuck
Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:17 am
I'd love to hear a live version of Planet Rain. That seems like it would fit with a DTB set. I think that would be a great way to end the show.

#90656 by annihilator
Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:59 am
Irish maiden seems to be left out.This has got to be the heaviest cheese riff in metal existence!!!

#90705 by Greg Reason
Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:28 am
SolidusSnake082 wrote:The Complex would be sick! To hear that breakdown in the middle of the song live would be insane! \m/ :twisted:

SYL played 'The Complex' in Brisbane back in 2001 on the Terria tour.

I would personally prefer that DTB plays stuff off all of the other albums rather than this one.... but that is just me. There is already too much good material neglected before we even get to this album.

#90786 by DeadRinger
Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:21 pm
I agree with adding Kingdom and Material to the DTB sets...those are great songs, and I think they would fit well.

#90790 by Metalmonkey
Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:55 pm
And add "Namaste" to the SYL set :)

#90853 by BaldMosher446
Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:21 am
I'd love to hear Namaste, Kingdom, Death, The Complex, and Planet Rain played live. That would be straight-up nasty right there.

#91881 by [brett]
Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:08 am
engram wrote:Physicist is my favourite album but when I saw Devin in Italy DTB plaied a lot of songs from any other album!

I think it's a technical problem because Physicist was entirely performed in another guitar key. (B)

Sorry for my english..... :cry:

That could easily be resolved. I think the problem is the album is both DTB and SYL but I would give anything to hear any song on Physicist live. Even Devoid would be a wicked track to play right after a slightly down tempo song. But I love the whole album to bits, I could listen to the thing 24/7 without getting fed up. I supposed if I had to pick specific tracks I would like to hear, then they would be Namaste, Material, Kingdom, Devoid, The Complex, Planet Rain...but thats like half of the album, I don't think I could be any more precise.

#91894 by funny_little_guy
Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:15 am
I've heard Namaste live in bootlegs and it's always sounded killer, Marterial and Kingdom would be what I would want to hear though, amazing songs really. Also Ants of Infinity is mentioned up there!!! That would've been awsome for the live DVD... off topic, but amazing.

#91897 by doomsoldier
Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:29 am
geoff wrote:I think "Jupiter" or "Material" would fit in the DTB set ...

Or Irish Maiden.

#92120 by chrisslight
Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:04 pm
doomsoldier wrote:
geoff wrote:I think "Jupiter" or "Material" would fit in the DTB set ...

Or Irish Maiden.

Thats just the song I was gonna put forward. I'd love to hear some stuff from Phys played live, I hope I get to hear it on the next DTB tour.