Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#136983 by JuZ
Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:10 am
I think Fizzy is a very, very cool album but have always thought that it's the only album Dev's done that needs to have its production given an overhaul. Seriously... I know nothing of production, but give this sucker a little more warmth here and there and put Dev's vocals a little higher in the mix, etc. etc. and it would make a world of difference. From great to unbelieveable.

Hang on, we've covered this before, haven't we?

#137002 by Biert
Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:55 am
You have no idea about Goat's "whip"... :sad:

#137011 by superhydroyeast
Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:42 am
I don't plan to doubt dev again =], so I highly doubt I shall need to

#137049 by Shinigami Kamenzi
Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:29 am
King Fear wrote:In another interview with The Dev I read recently he states that he stops liking all his records sometime after release, because they're "finished" and "out there" and he can't fix what he perceives as "imperfections".

Silly artists. :D

That's what I hate about making albums.

On the flipside, it's the ONLY thing I hate about making albums.

#137137 by JuZ
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:39 am
superhydroyeast wrote:wow, JuZ lives in brisbane. that place rocks!

I do? Oh yeah, I do! :D

And yes, it does rock! Too many cars for its little roads, but it definitely rocks. :twisted:

#137140 by djskrimp
Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:17 am
is it pronounced "bris-BANE" or "BRIS-bin"? I've got an idea that it's the second one, but I've never heard the name of the city out loud.

Yes, I am an idiot.

Physicist rules...I still whip out "Namaste" all the time.

#137169 by JuZ
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:12 pm
Haha, a common one amongst Americans, so no shame there. The latter is just about right, but it's more like "briz-bn", really.

When you start with Namaste and close with Planet Rain, you're on to something pretty special.
Last edited by JuZ on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#137178 by djskrimp
Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:02 pm
JuZ wrote:Haha, a common one amongst Americans, so no shame there. The later is just about right, but it's more like "briz-bn", really.

When you start with Namaste and close with Planet Rain, you're on to something pretty special.

Kinda like Louisevilel, Kentucky is "lou-a-vul".

Cool, thanks.

#137218 by JuZ
Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:23 am
Exactly! Then there's the whole New Orleans/Norlunz/New Orlunz/etc. thing, Arkansas/Arkansaw, and on and on.

As with Brizzy, Americans tend to say "mel-born" instead of the preferred "mel-bn". And for Canberra they'll say "can-be-rra" instead of "can-bruh". It's pretty tough with Australian names, especially with places like Mooloolabah, Cuppacumalong and Woolloomooloo. We also have town names like Chinaman's Knob, Black Charlie's Opening and Mount Buggery.

You have names like Sexmoan, Shitbritches Creek and Bloody Dick, so I guess we have quite a bit in common.

Could I get more off-topic?

Beh.
#167234 by Matt Nevens
Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:52 am
I have an australian uncle, lives in appolo bay on the south coast but i cant understand a word he says!
But i love the accent
#187990 by flood_of_rain
Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:05 pm
i came to find the record accidentally, when ordering a bunch of shit off some cd mail order broucher off the back of a tv guide.
i ran out of good stuff i knew of to buy, so i opted to take some chances and physicist was one of them.

I had been on a real downer at that point and was feeling pretty shitty, when i got the cds i ordered, i had listened to pretty much everything and left physicist for last, cos i had doubted it would sound any good at all. i whipped the disc on and from namaste, i was hooked. it literally helped pull me out of my deression. i kinda felt that the album was written by someone has experienced the downs that life can give you, yet in the face of those issues, one can still try their best to throw some positive energy out there to change their situation.

Dev might think it is/was shitty, but to some others like myself, the album was exactly what i needed at that time in my life. the week after i got physicist, i had bought his discography up to SYL/AE :lol:

It's f@!king awesome how music can help change people's lives :mrgreen:
#190354 by di_fowler
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 am
I've grown to love Physicist. It's just really awesome and catchy death-pop.

Also, an emphatic yes to the above poster. I'm not so obsessed now, but back when I was a miserable sod in my late teens/early 20's, Strapping was my life. I reckon 40 minutes of City propels you more than ten sessions of counselling does.

It's cheaper too.
#226417 by Ozricmaggot
Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:43 pm
Dunno, for me Physicist is on the same level as Death's 'Individual Thought Patterns' - God knows I would wet my pants if it were ever re-released in clearer and more 'bassy sound', however, I honestly feel it's the sound that these two records have that makes them stick out with their raw and unique mind-blowing power. Perfect in their imperfection.
#260411 by Gerg
Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:42 pm
Hm, like many, i'm not completly happy about the mix, but, dunno, Plat Rain still gives me Goosbumps every time..