Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#83264 by GDiddy
Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:29 pm
I've always thought of Physicist as an experiment. Like Mr. Townsend woke up one day and said, "I wonder what it would sound like to cross Strapping Young Lad with Infinity?" And this is what came of it. I love the smoothness that is created on top of the speed metal riffs. It's like a creamy icing on top of the cake. I can't quite say that I've ever heard an album this heavy that is simultaneously so nice sounding.

#83874 by CardDinour
Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:38 am
i hadnt spun this album in a while and i put it on, and ive decided it is really a better album that i last thought (and i originally loved it). there isnt a weak moment in the whole cd. its really the only album which dev has where he went berserk and let the listener have it. (besides SYL).

#84053 by gurp13
Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:53 pm
Lumiere wrote:I think the quality of Physicist is oft questioned due to the fact that it is highly derivative of Strapping Young Lad - albeit presented in a cleaner, less inexorable fashion (Dev himself compared this album to Coke Light).

Awww crap. And, here I thought I was being clever when I referred to it as "SYL-lite" You know, all the aggression without the angry aftertaste. And, I wasn't. I was only regurgitating Dev.

I am ashamed.

#118712 by jametal
Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:54 am
Yes! Physicist was my first Devin Townsend album. After that i bought all of DT and SYL albums. Great music indeed!