Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#86242 by Styhn
Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:16 pm
I can't get Physicist to play on my computer! I have a CD-ROM drive and a DVD drive but every time I put it in the flash menu pops up. Not that I don't like it but I just want to hear the music. Can anyone tell me what to do?

#86244 by Atari
Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:23 pm
Try opeining your jukebox software (iTunes, WinAmp, etc) first.

#86245 by Styhn
Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:25 pm
Yeah I tried that. But Winamp can't even detect the music on the CD. It can only see the data files from the flash menu... I've tried Windows Media Player too, which didn't work either.

#86248 by Atari
Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:24 pm
What can Windows Exploiter see?

EDIT Explorer. There's a nice fat Freudian.

#86272 by Styhn
Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:57 am
It can only see the files that are used with the flash menu, such as the flash menu's exe, and the speech stuff. The songs itself are nowhere to be found..

#86274 by Blazingmonga
Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:33 am
Styhn wrote:It can only see the files that are used with the flash menu, such as the flash menu's exe, and the speech stuff. The songs itself are nowhere to be found..

I think that this is the same as what happens with my computer. If I just want to play the CD like normal, I think what I do is to exit the pop-up menu (press escape or something) and then go to WinAmp and just say 'play audio CD D:' and that works. Even though I can't see the tracks under explorer, it still lets me play the CD.

#86896 by psychotic
Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:29 pm
Hmmm, it works for me on Windows Media Player, not sure what to tell you if you don't have WMP.

#87456 by TimCo
Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:47 pm
Try holding down Shift when you REPLACE the cd. The drive will light as it reads the cd, but it shouldn't load the flash menu. Shift-on-loading temporarily disables the autorun feature on the cd.

#87618 by VampireDaveGrohl
Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:59 am
I never knew that Physicist has a load of bonus computer stuff like biogs and......devin talking about each individual song! (although he seems like he didnt really want to!) Did everyone else know this, and if so, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??!!!

#87621 by Atari
Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:08 am
ahahahaha........

#87624 by TimCo
Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:15 am
VampireDaveGrohl wrote:I never knew that Physicist has a load of bonus computer stuff like biogs and......devin talking about each individual song! (although he seems like he didnt really want to!) Did everyone else know this, and if so, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??!!!

Simple. You didn't ask. I mean, had you said "Hey guys, is there a load of bonus computer stuff like biogs and......devin talking about each individual song (although he seems like he didnt really want to) on the Physicist cd?"

We'd all have gladly chimed in with "Why, yes, VDG, there *is*!" ;)

#87628 by VampireDaveGrohl
Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:36 am
The answers are so simple and yet discovering the questions is so difficult.

#87768 by TimCo
Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:38 am
VampireDaveGrohl wrote:The answers are so simple and yet discovering the questions is so difficult.

Wait until you start the advanced courses:

Understanding your mate
Finding large quantities of cash under your mattress
Are my shoes really magical flying machines?