Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#95940 by earworm
Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:15 pm
damn i can't believe i waited this long to get this album, "kingdom" is now one of my all time favorite Devin songs, wow what a sweet song.

#95960 by psychotic
Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:48 pm
I agree, that's one of my favorite songs on the album. This was actually my first Devin solo album I ever got, and as I've said before on here, it makes such a great album for a transition between SYL and Devin's solo stuff/DTB. Namaste is awesome, Kingdom and Material are among my favorite Devy solo songs, the metal trilogy in there is cool, Irish Maiden and Jupiter are both among my favorite Devy songs, and Planet Rain is another awesome, and also an epic song.

#95962 by doomsoldier
Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:53 am
Jupiter may very well be the most underrated Devin song ever.

#95970 by psychotic
Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:39 am
I agree. I don't know if you've checked it out yet, but in the enchanced part of the CD you can hear Devin talk about the songs, and he actually says that he doesn't think all that highly of Jupiter, moreso that he doesn't want to be judged as a musician based on that song. I personally think it's wonderful (oh man, I'm hilarious).

#95980 by VampireDaveGrohl
Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:27 am
Planet Rain is easily my favourite song on that album. The guitar work behind the verses is pummeling, yet soothing, like rain.

#95985 by Blazingmonga
Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:33 am
My mum really, really liked Planet Rain. She said she liked its 'weirdness'.

#95989 by VampireDaveGrohl
Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:38 am
I don't think my mother would enjoy it. She would call it a testiment to MY weirdness.

#96073 by psychotic
Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:09 pm
Yeah, my mom hates any of the ambient type of stuff I listen to, she thinks I'm gonna become homeless or something like that because of it. Oh well, that's her thoughts.

#96102 by Blazingmonga
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:44 pm
psychotic wrote:Yeah, my mom hates any of the ambient type of stuff I listen to, she thinks I'm gonna become homeless or something like that because of it. Oh well, that's her thoughts.

Homeless? Crikey...thats a bit harsh!

My mum also admitted to me today that she really liked Info Dump...I think she is going mad.

Hopefully she wont end up homeless though.

#96128 by psychotic
Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:07 pm
Hahaha, yeah, I grew up in kind of a proper type of household, which makes me a complete anomaly, since I'm nothing like that (neither are my brother or sister). She's kinda naive to things out of the normal.

#96164 by Biert
Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:02 am
psychotic wrote:Hahaha, yeah, I grew up in kind of a proper type of household, which makes me a complete anomaly, since I'm nothing like that (neither are my brother or sister). She's kinda naive to things out of the normal.

Sounds familiar. Sometimes I feel so different from the rest of my family as well. Both of my parents, not any of their family, really have a thing with music. Whatever music they listen to, is what happens to be on the radio which is turned on to keep the silence away if you get what I mean.
But me, music is my life, especially metal. I have metal and music around me all day but the rest of my family just doesn't get that. Nor do they get my long hair and black clothes (heh I sound like a stereotypical metalhead). And they relate everything I do to it. Schoolresults are crap: it's the bad influences from the music. I get drunk every once in a while (the 'while' is usually a week): it's the music.
Whatever I do, they either blame metal or computers. Only because they wanted a perfect family, but I'm not 'normal'.

That was a bit off-topic. Well then, on-topic: I don't have Physicist and Accelerated Evolution yet. I'll get them someday, when I have money. Probably shortly after Synchestra (Like I got all of Opeths back catalogue after Ghost Reveries).