Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#108785 by fragility
Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:56 am
Wouldn't be awesome if Dev did a new epic version of physicist? It would certainly be interesting in terms of how it would change the feel of it

#108870 by sj_2150
Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:12 pm
i love physicist the way it is fragility. i dont think it needs to be changed :)

#108907 by fragility
Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:33 am
Oh god no, neither do I! I just think it would be interesting...a different approach to the same songs could potentially result in a really different feel.

#109066 by Persuader
Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:54 pm
I'd dig Physicist 2.0, if it was a total remake...But I guess that'll never happen. Oh well, we still have the first version. :)

#109151 by King Fear
Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:26 am
With Devin already having to dedicate his time to two full bands, I'd rather pass up on any rerecorded old material in favor of new, fresh stuff.

#109253 by Pisshead
Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:35 am
I'd buy a new version if there was one, all this talk of Phyicist is putting me off buying it :shock:

#109259 by King Fear
Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:57 am
Pisshead wrote:I'd buy a new version if there was one, all this talk of Phyicist is putting me off buying it :shock:

Why is that?

#109266 by fragility
Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:25 am
Pisshead wrote:I'd buy a new version if there was one, all this talk of Phyicist is putting me off buying it :shock:

You have to buy it! It's amazing, beautiful, a perfect album, even though I'm sure some people don't agree with that, but it really is :)

#109437 by sj_2150
Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:46 pm

seriously buy it dude. you will perish if you dont...seriously :shock:

#119675 by Mayday
Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:35 am
fragility wrote:Oh god no, neither do I! I just think it would be interesting...a different approach to the same songs could potentially result in a really different feel.

this could indeed be very interesting. if any of you are familiar with the work of Pain of Salvation, here's an example:

listen to their song "ashes" off "the Perfect Element (part I)" album. it's very angry, bitter, depressing and menacing...dark.

now yesterday I listened to their 12:5 album for the first time, which is basically a concert where they played acoustic versions of their songs, sometimes altering them a little bit. when I heard the intro to "ashes" I was looking forward how beautiful it's gonna be, with all the sadness underlined with acoustic guitars. but what happened is that they altered the song (not the lyrics though) and it became totally happy and uplifting! (there even was a crazy jazz-fusion jam at the end :D). it made me appreciate the whole song a lot more and I was overwhelmed.

but on the other hand I don't think that physicist would be suited for that kind of experiment, because it already IS a blend of positive and negative emotions...what's there to alter so it becomes noteably different? still, the result would be interesting to hear.

oh and I agree with the dudes recommending that other dude to go and buy the album. go buy it :)

#119676 by Metalmonkey
Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:42 am
For me the most annoying thing about Physicist is that they never play it live :( . Songs are short (except Planet Rain), i'm sure they could fit at least one in their set, but well, that's an old debate.

#119681 by Ike
Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:10 am
hehe, a few years ago i used to think the same about really good parts. meanwhile i've become kind of a songwriter/composer myself and i must admit that it's fun to not repeat the best part of a song. don't ask me why, but i feel kinda mighty when i do something like that. oO

#119689 by fragility
Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:58 am
lol, I know what you mean Ike :)

#119941 by VelvetKevorkian429
Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:42 am
I'm surprised no one mentioned this.

I personally have the same gripe with 'The Fluke'. I absolutely love the song, but I really wish that the first part of the song was repeated in the song again. I remember first realizing how beautiful that part of the song was and wished it was in it more

#119958 by Mayday
Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:19 pm
VelvetKevorkian429 wrote:I'm surprised no one mentioned this.

I personally have the same gripe with 'The Fluke'. I absolutely love the song, but I really wish that the first part of the song was repeated in the song again. I remember first realizing how beautiful that part of the song was and wished it was in it more

I have this problem with several sections (mostly from Terria). for example the "it's all going away now" part from deep peace. why the hell is there so little of it? I want more! :D I find myself rewinding the cd a little bit to listen to that part, over and over again, but I never rewind it only a little...I just skip to the beginning of the solo because it's so awesome :D

but someone mentioned it somewhere already: when you're composing music and come across a brillant musical theme/idea and you don't have to resolve to repeating that idea over and over again to make the song actually worth listening, but you just let it shine for a while...and move on.