Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#102771 by King Fear
Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:20 am
... is that the beautiful, beautiful, fucking beautiful vocal part in Irish Maiden ("The rain is one / Of earth and sun ...") is never repeated in the song (that's why I didn't call it a "chorus"), and you have to listen to the song over and over again because it's so short... but oh so sweet. I just found myself repeating it five or six times in a row. Awesomeness.

#102866 by doomsoldier
Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:22 pm
Luckily the song is quite good, so repeating it isn't much of a chore. :)

#104469 by Puzzleface
Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:08 am
I sorta have a similar issue with the song Material. Material should be at least another minute longer than it is. Some of those vocal phrasings and musical passages are so strong they need to be "reprised". I always find myself replaying the entire song about 4 or 5 times in a row before going on to the next track.

Hmmmm.........wonder if I could fire up the ole Adobe Audition software and so some personal editing?!?

#105047 by King Fear
Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:33 am
Puzzleface wrote:Some of those vocal phrasings and musical passages are so strong they need to be "reprised". I always find myself replaying the entire song about 4 or 5 times in a row before going on to the next track.

Hmmmm.........wonder if I could fire up the ole Adobe Audition software and so some personal editing?!?

I bet that'd take away the effect.

#105051 by FUBAR
Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:50 am
Devs music is all about evolution I guess the songs just felt right at the time. Great songs. I feel Material is fine as it is, short and sweet...although i can see what you mean Puzzleface.

#105061 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:12 am
Puzzleface wrote:I sorta have a similar issue with the song Material. Material should be at least another minute longer than it is. Some of those vocal phrasings and musical passages are so strong they need to be "reprised". I always find myself replaying the entire song about 4 or 5 times in a row before going on to the next track.

This used to upset me about this song also. It is such an intense song that the length is a bit short. I could almost imagine a song like this being more like Earth Day or Funeral, that kind of length.

The backing vocals choke me up every time...so beautiful.

Well, I guess this is just the way it was meant to be. Maybe it would get repetitive if it was much longer. Still, the repeat button is always good.

#105063 by sj_2150
Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 am
i absolutely adore the album, i listened to it today. the only thing i would change is the volume of the guitars and bass

#105068 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:21 am
sj_2150 wrote:i absolutely adore the album, i listened to it today. the only thing i would change is the volume of the guitars and bass

Try listening to it very loud, often that clears it up a bit. If you are listening to the MP3s then you can sometimes turn up the bass a bit and tweak the treble to give the desired effect. I sometimes turn up my subwoofer.

Though, as (I think) I have said before, I feel the different mix on this album is what gives it it's most unique character. The increased 'brightness' here often makes me think of stars, metal and spaceships in the snow....which really suits the album.

#105076 by Biert
Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:32 am
It's 4:30am for SJ_2150. Not the time to listen to Physicist very very loud!

#105079 by sj_2150
Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:37 am
Biert wrote:It's 4:30am for SJ_2150. Not the time to listen to Physicist very very loud!

:lol: im acctually listening to infinity

#105689 by fragility
Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:55 am
Just listened to physicist for the first time in aa while last night and I had forgotten just how beautiful that album is :D and it gives me such a positive feeling

#105767 by djskrimp
Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:08 pm
The only thing I'd change is that I woulda let Dev mix it.

#106195 by Violet
Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:49 am
Beautiful it is :D

#108591 by Lumiere
Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:18 pm
I find most Physicist material to be a wee bit lacking in length. And the album is full of songs that have fucking amazing short wouldbe chorus segments that never crop up again, like the aforementioned section of Irish Maiden.

#108782 by Big_d
Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:52 am
the opening Riff for Victim should be a whole song its just that great