Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#136441 by woebegone
Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:33 am
Planet Rain wrote:on the extra computer activated stuff on the physicist cd i thought devin said something that implied he wasnt happy with jupiter originally but it seemed to fit the cd when he listened to it again high on magic mushrooms

I rest my case :lol:

#136495 by kettle
Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:35 pm
sj_2150 wrote:OM, Infinity, Terria is the trinity... well thats what most people think anyway

How would you measure most people and why or how would it matter?

oh

...and another thing, why stop at three?

#136499 by sj_2150
Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:05 am
kettle wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:OM, Infinity, Terria is the trinity... well thats what most people think anyway

How would you measure most people and why or how would it matter?

oh

...and another thing, why stop at three?

the majority of people think of those three as the best... smartass :lol:

#157768 by Jersen
Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:10 am
I actually regard City, OM, and Infinity as the trinity. My reasoning for this is because City and OM were basically written at the same time, and deal with the same themes, just in different ways, and Infinity seems, in my mind, to be a sort of resolution to those themes and questions. The proximity and close linkage of themes between the 3 is why I always seem to refer to those 3 particular albums as related.

#157779 by Deathcom7000
Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:50 pm
I think Physicist is a great album. I do agree with with Dev that it was a step sideways (I'd consider it a little diagonal) but it's still a fun album. All the energy of SYL without the hate. I also tend to like Jupiter. Ah well.

#162547 by Burzum
Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:52 pm
psychotic wrote:I love Jupiter, just love the melody to it.

Physicist, I feel was kind of a sideward step though, it wasn't a step back at all, but it was a stab at something different. It gave him a chance to do something heavy, but not SYL heavy. The songs are written in a more song to song style, and they're all pretty melodic (outside of the trilogy).

Not melodic? To me 'The Complex' is the most beautiful track on the album! I've never heard a song that is both dauntingly heavy and stunning beautiful at the same time.

"And you're not the only one..."

Amazing.

I absolutely love this album. In-fact, I think I'll crank it when I have a shower later. All good!!