Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#189367 by DavidIves
Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:22 pm
I know this is regarded by some as Devs Worst album, but seriously, Irish Maiden has one of the most kickass choruses ever. I wish that song was longer.

I think its a good album personally. :storm:
#189451 by swervedriver
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 am
So true, the build-up to a climax in Irish Maiden is amazing. Like, by the end of the song you understand where the weird start comes from (weah weah weah weah etc).

...yeah, you can't really translate guitar sounds into words can you..

As for the album being bad, I'd disagree. Not all songs appeal to me immediately but an album containing songs such as Namaste, Material, Kingdom, Irish Maiden and Planet Rain cannot be called bad. At all.

On a side note, anyone know the lyrics of the distorted vocal part after "Life is nothing! / This life is nothing!" ?
#189490 by Hughie
Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm
Side note: It's my favorite Dev album.
#189508 by Lolliklauer
Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:45 pm
Another side note: "Rock Hard"-magazine (biggest in germany, i think) gave Physicist a 9,5/10 rating (Terria: 9; Infinity: 8; Synchestra: 8,5; AE: 9, Ziltoid: 8).
#189521 by DavidIves
Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:17 pm
swervedriver wrote:
As for the album being bad, I'd disagree. Not all songs appeal to me immediately but an album containing songs such as Namaste, Material, Kingdom, Irish Maiden and Planet Rain cannot be called bad.

I dont think the album is bad at all. i really love it. I just got the vibe from this forum that its not his most popular. Also its one of the lesser known ones amongst people i have found. Your totally right though, its amazing. Planet rain is an amazing song. i like the album because its refreshing sometimes when i overdose on the other stuff.
#190196 by SouvlakiSlowdive
Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 am
DavidIves wrote:Irish Maiden has one of the most kickass choruses ever. I wish that song was longer.

I totally agree with you, 100%. I found myself loving that song a lot too. It just really grabs you with the last few lines: "Rain is one of earth and sun for you and me and everyone. The move is on, the way is long, the pain is here but still we carry on."

That's poetry right there. 8)
#212051 by croomekid
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm
I can see why many under-rate the Physicist album, but when you listen through it you cannot deny it is yet another masterpeice from the mind of Devin.
#219066 by croomekid
Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:06 pm
Boomshakalaka wrote:i have no idea. the title is awesome.

"Iron Maiden, what? Ohh, Irish Maiden!"
#223549 by thetoolman
Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:06 am
DavidIves wrote:I know this is regarded by some as Devs Worst album, but seriously, Irish Maiden has one of the most kickass choruses ever. I wish that song was longer.

thats the way i though of almost all the songs on that album apart from planet rain thats the right length for a song the dev man
#226523 by Knotrice
Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:51 am
TheOmniscient wrote:Awesome song. gotta give the 'cist another chance!

That's what the doctor said...