The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#293891 by seventieslord
Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 pm
I have the original infinity without the bonus tracks. I just learned about the insideout version with three bonus. Before I get it, I should ask, are these live versions of sister and hide nowhere from the official bootleg? Or different recordings? Same question about "Man", is it just the same as on ass-sordid?

Rather than start another thread, may as well ask about the japanese physicist. Are ocean machine and man the same as on ass-sordid? And I don't think I can get "Forgotten anywhere else, is that right?
#294150 by static2
Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:56 pm
on Infinity, "Sister" and "Hide Nowhere" are indeed the acoustic versions from the Official Bootleg (and its DVD, for that matter). "Man" is exactly the version from Ass-Sordid Demos, but it has the full ending (no segue into "Ocean Machines" or a quick fade out, it's the full thing). all three bonus tracks are mastered considerably louder and brighter in order to 'fit' Infinity's sound a bit better. the musical content is the same as on the other sources, save that ending of "Man."

nothing on the Japanese Physicist is exclusive. "Forgotten" is on every version, and the bonuses are just the exact tracks from Ass-Sordid Demos, in the exact order they are on the regular album, transitions included (though they are probably mastered louder).

the only Dev bonuses that seem to be worth hunting down are (obviously) the DTP box, the Terria with bonus disc (for "Universal"), Accelerated Evolution with "I Really Love Korea," the Japanese edition of "Alien" with the full length version of "Love?" and live "In the Rainy Season," the remasters of City and HAARHT with the extra content, and The New Black with "The Long Pig," et al. nothing else seems to really offer great content. there's an exclusive live version of "Detox" on, i think, the import of SYL and maybe the tour EP, but the sound is quite poor. there are also exclusive live SYL videos on some Century Media DVDs, but i am under the impression that they are on Chaos Years.
#294159 by seventieslord
Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 am
Thanks for all that info. Yeah, I had Forgotten as "the forgotten" so I was tricked into thinking I didn't have it.

Sounds like I have every worthwhile bonues you listed.... EXCEPT... the version of AE with the bonus track. What is the background there? And how do I get it, wait for it to show up on ebay?
#294163 by static2
Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 am
yeah, it pops up every now and again. i saw one recently for a not-horrible price. it's a short track of Dev talking about how the band love Korea, introducing members, etc. on top of the feedback that bookends the record. i suppose you could always try finding Korean music sites with a translator handy, but i'm unsure how productive it'd be in comparison!
#294172 by swervedriver
Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 am
static2 wrote:the Japanese edition of "Alien" with the full length version of "Love?" and live "In the Rainy Season,"

Full length "Love?"? Is that the same as the version that was on the promo version that leaked (the one on which "We Ride" is missing Jed's solo as well)?
#325158 by Fira
Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:12 pm
I still have that leak promo. In fact, I never realised there was a solo missing till a year or so later when I heard "we ride" on someone's stereo... I was like "wtf was that!?!?!" hahaha! Awesome!