The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#67538 by Greg Reason
Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:39 pm
Nice to read that interpretation. Infinity does seem to have a bit more of a cult attached to it, doesn't it? I'm not just saying that because I'm probably the foremost member of the said cult but..... Heh.....

#67561 by asparagusDuck
Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Wow. Thanks for posting that, that was really interesting. You just reminded me (not that I ever forgot) how amazing Infinity is.

#67670 by Blazingmonga
Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:23 am
Greg Reason wrote:Nice to read that interpretation. Infinity does seem to have a bit more of a cult attached to it, doesn't it? I'm not just saying that because I'm probably the foremost member of the said cult but..... Heh.....

I think we are both up there heh.

And thanks for all your comments everyone. I wasnt sure if it was a good idea to bare my soul with this thing, but I was just worrying over nothing.

#67766 by Bloody_Rust
Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:16 pm
David - From what I read on your interpretation of Infinity (I'll read the rest later, because I have to go in a moment), it's very accurate and interesting. I listened to Infinity all the way through two nights ago - I just laid on my bed in the dark, with the window open (I thought the neighbours might want to hear too :D). There are some songs on there which I loved straight away, but I think it may take a few more listens to get into others. My favourite Devin album so far is Ocean Machine, but all the rest are magnificent pieces of work.

#68467 by Noodles
Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:01 pm
in my opinion judging the "best" Devin Townsend album is practically like judging the best albums by different bands. Infinity is far more experimental than his other albums, and it does a very good job of it. But it is not the best at getting a first time Devin Townsend listener to love his music. I would know. The first time I heard Infinity I did not think much of it because it basically just seemed too weird/experimental for me, but now that I'm used to Devin's style it sounds much better. I actually didn't even like Physicist(kind of off toic) the first time I heard it because of the high pitched synth through most of Namaste.

Infinity is good in that there is no one song that blows the rest away and leaves them sounding hollow. Terria had Earth Day that, for me at least left the rest of the album sounding somewhat slow in comparison. Infinity has quite a few good tracks, Truth being one of Devin's best songs imo. Ocean Machine was good for the whole consistency thing too.

Just my 2 cents at least

#69357 by FlatHead
Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:35 pm
Uh-oh.

Blazingmonga, awesome write-up of your feelings about the album. I don't agree with or recognize all you've written about it, but I think it captures the essence and depth of the thing pretty well. Now go and write me a 20-page essay on Terria =)

#69383 by Woocifer
Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:04 am
This albums is dog shit except for Dynamics and Unity. Just a bunch of childish playtoys put on one album in the ego of one artist.... I don't mean to knock or insult...but seriously the vaildity of this album is like saying Dream Theatre deserves to be called a metal band.

#69403 by Coma Divine
Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:37 am
I think that comparing something to dog shit can be interpreted fairly simply as an insult.

#69496 by Greg Reason
Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:02 pm
Woocifer wrote:This albums is dog shit except for Dynamics and Unity. Just a bunch of childish playtoys put on one album in the ego of one artist.... I don't mean to knock or insult...but seriously the vaildity of this album is like saying Dream Theatre deserves to be called a metal band.

Tee hee, funny person.

#71213 by Cognitive_Dissonance
Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:59 am
Man you've gotta actually LISTEN to something before making comments like that

#71246 by Greg Reason
Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:38 pm
Noodles wrote:i dunno, do you want to have terrible things done to you?

haha well not now that I know you're a guy and not the wonderful thing in your avatar :lol: