The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#256701 by static2
Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 pm
encouraged by the recent interest in this, i've just put together what i'd call the "definitive" version, but that's actually a bit too egotistical really XD especially since i haven't heard the original edit. either way, i managed to crop the songs away from one another so there's hardly any overlap whatsoever, then re-sequence everything with some killer, potentially Dev-worthy segues between each song. i don't mean to be clandestine, but since this is hardly official and is probably frownworthy from the hevydevy crew, PM me if you're interested in hearing.
#256953 by ppinkham
Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:06 pm
static2 wrote:encouraged by the recent interest in this, i've just put together what i'd call the "definitive" version, but that's actually a bit too egotistical really XD especially since i haven't heard the original edit. either way, i managed to crop the songs away from one another so there's hardly any overlap whatsoever, then re-sequence everything with some killer, potentially Dev-worthy segues between each song. i don't mean to be clandestine, but since this is hardly official and is probably frownworthy from the hevydevy crew, PM me if you're interested in hearing.

Awesome, awesome job! Sounds great! The segues work really well. Thanks for this!
#257285 by Negoba
Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 am
Thanks to those un-named benefactors who did the mixes. I was having trouble getting into this album before, and didn't think re-arranging would make a difference. It does, alot. Completely different experience.

I LOVE Ants, and think Bad Devil is a great song as well. I also happen to adore Sit in the Mountain. Add in Noisy Bubbles and you have a crazy fun EP to accompany the monolithic beauty of this new mix. It almost makes me sad to think that the rest of the world isn't experiencing the album in this way.

I used to dislike Christeen, frankly. But now it is like emerging from a dream to go on a motorcycle ride with the wind in your face. It really takes it place along Life and Gaia and other Devy poppy tunes.
#257327 by swervedriver
Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:42 am
I think this gives everyone a better idea. Apologies about the sound quality, that's Movie Maker + youtube compression for you. Anyway, I also included a bit of fun at the end where I remixed the "remaining" Infinity tracks together as well. :)

[youtube]hXGPImc0E7s[/youtube]
#260027 by tk6yG2
Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:17 pm
static2 wrote:encouraged by the recent interest in this, i've just put together what i'd call the "definitive" version, but that's actually a bit too egotistical really XD especially since i haven't heard the original edit. either way, i managed to crop the songs away from one another so there's hardly any overlap whatsoever, then re-sequence everything with some killer, potentially Dev-worthy segues between each song. i don't mean to be clandestine, but since this is hardly official and is probably frownworthy from the hevydevy crew, PM me if you're interested in hearing.

Thanks! It really amazes me how different this album would have been. I love Infinity the way it is, but it is interesting to listen to it the way Dev originally visioned the album.