The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#142481 by Das Schuetzenfest
Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:58 am
OK, obviously I'm really thrilled by this "original Infinity" idea. I had to redo my earlier 2.0 version (Processional and Starchild Rise separated) and I think now it is as perfect as it can be.

I'd love to share both files - 2.0 and 2.1 (Processional intact) with you dudettes and dudes, but I don't use any torrent technology.

Where to host it or send it to (both files 80 MB, 224 kbps)?

I have Soulseek installed and I'm (only) sharing the Infinity 2.0 folder if that helps.

#142485 by Goat
Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:29 am
Megaupload

#142490 by Biert
Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:39 am
Hmm we're still distributing copyrighted material here... :roll:

Although I would be very interested in it. And I own both albums :D

Let's continue this in the IRC channel, it's not official anyway (and way too quiet!) :P

#142495 by Das Schuetzenfest
Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:46 am
Biert wrote:Hmm we're still distributing copyrighted material here... :roll:

True.

Goat wrote:Megaupload

Uploaded (version "2.0", that is).

Send me a message and I'll send you a link. ;)

EDIT:

Hope you like it!
Any more?
Any feedback?
Commendations are always appreciated.
Insults too, of course.

#142615 by Biert
Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:18 pm
Excellent work man, I love it :)

Too bad it's one big file rather than separate songs, but hey, can't have it all can we? Thanks!!

#142617 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:25 pm
Well, I could split the file easily, but I hate the gaps between the songs in WinAmp. It kills the flow, so only one track.

sweet... do you have the one with starchild rise right after truth?

It's not on Megaupload yet. Should I... ?

Thanks for the heads up, guys!
Last edited by Das Schuetzenfest on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#142618 by Biert
Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:31 pm
My audio player has no holes, so I prefer separate songs. That way I have better judgement of where I am in the album, and it doesn't confuse Last.fm as much :P

Who do I poke for a 5.1 mix? :P

#142619 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:36 pm
Biert wrote:My audio player has no holes, so I prefer separate songs. That way I have better judgement of where I am in the album, and it doesn't confuse Last.fm as much :P

Who do I poke for a 5.1 mix? :P

The Dev? :P

#142622 by Goat
Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 pm
Danke, Schuetzy :wink:

#142738 by Das Schuetzenfest
Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:40 am
Version "2.1" is now on Megaupload, too (Truth -> Starchild Rise/Processional).

PM me!
(I guess it would be a problem to post the two Megaupload links here, right, Moderators?)

#142748 by Chris
Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:26 am
You've really gotten into the whole idea of "re-creating" the album as it once was intended, haven't you? :wink:

I think you've done quite a good job on your first version - and I won't complain about a PM with another link to Megaupload - and especially the cross-fading was executed very well and is certainly an aspect that puts it on a higher level than my re-done version (which I seem to have lost...) ever was. Maybe you have already mentioned it before, but since I'm too lazy to look it up: Which program did you use and how long did it take you to get the final result we heard under the "2.0" label? I remember working three hours+ on it, without having been that familiar with sound-editing programs before.

#142753 by Das Schuetzenfest
Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:15 am
Chris wrote:You've really gotten into the whole idea of "re-creating" the album as it once was intended, haven't you? :wink:

;)

I like most of the Christeen + 4 EP tracks much better than some of the more "poppy" tunes that ended on Infinity, so yes, I really enjoy the "original" Infinity concept. I guess the Dev wouldn't be too fond of us nerdy fans twiddling with his art, but for me it's kind of a tribute to these hidden gems Devin calls "demos".

I think you've done quite a good job on your first version - and I won't complain about a PM with another link to Megaupload - and especially the cross-fading was executed very well and is certainly an aspect that puts it on a higher level than my re-done version (which I seem to have lost...) ever was. Maybe you have already mentioned it before, but since I'm too lazy to look it up: Which program did you use and how long did it take you to get the final result we heard under the "2.0" label? I remember working three hours+ on it, without having been that familiar with sound-editing programs before.

Thanks, I saved the wave-files to my harddrive via NERO and re-cut and edited everything with Goldwave. Version "2.1" took me about half a day, my first attempts took much longer. The biggest problem was figuring out where and when exactly to crossfade - and my out-dated and slow system (350 Mz CPU) and lack of RAM. But it worked anyway.

#142755 by Chris
Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:28 am
Of course, I think that it goes without saying that none of us would have spent hours on editing if the songs we used weren't worth it from our point of view (or our point of hearing, for that matter).

Actually there was something else I wanted to write - but now that I listen to the Dev I got so distracted that I totally forgot what it was. Wtf!

#143979 by SouldrivenDevil
Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:41 pm
Would some PLEASE send me the file on the re-created Infinity, I'd love to hear it...

I offer a DTB live recording in exchange