The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#141797 by Chris
Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:44 pm
Ah, I see - to cut a long story short: There's no escaping from the Dev :wink:

Not just talking about Processional, but when I compare the released version of the album with the tracklist once intended, I get the feeling that the version that finally hit the stores delivers an idea of what the album sounds like when re-done including OM and Processional.

I think it goes without saying that the transition between all of the songs is done very well (come on, it's Devin whom we're talking about!), and I don't wanna question the quality of Bad Devil, Ants or Wild Colonial Boy, but the other tracklist makes me see the album as "one big song". And in a very positive way - the connection between the music and the album title is so close that way, it's unbelievable... Especially considering the fact that I, ehm, most likely never really thought about the "sound of infinity" before.

Wagga-wagga!

#141832 by Goat
Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:12 am
Infinity Pimped. :roll:

#142041 by Biert
Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:44 pm
Glad that didn't take part in the Infinity Cover Contest we had a while ago, I may not have one if it was :P

#142058 by Das Schuetzenfest
Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:12 pm
Biert wrote:Glad that didn't take part in the Infinity Cover Contest we had a while ago, I may not have one if it was :P

Thanks!
I wanted to do something creative while listening to the "2.0" version. On second thought, I was not that creative, I found the image when I typed "Infinity" into GOOGLE (pictures) and changed it a little bit:

http://www.fractalzone.be/picture.php?img=120&res=med

It's nice, because it reminds me of the butterfly from the original Infinity. Where do I find the "Infinity Cover Contest"? Obviously I missed something here.

#142089 by Biert
Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:24 am
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:It's nice, because it reminds me of the butterfly from the original Infinity. Where do I find the "Infinity Cover Contest"? Obviously I missed something here.

here and here.

#142110 by Das Schuetzenfest
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:01 am
Thank you for the links, No.3 reminds me of good ol' Blackwater Park. And that's a good thing, since Travis Smith is CHEF.

We should do more cover contests indeed, and maybe I should have participated in the Ziltoid competition. Probably next time.

#142260 by Noodles
Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:30 pm
I'l have to get around to trying this out because from the looks of it it sounsd like it fixes the "flow" of Infinity, which I've always thought was a weak point (especially Noisy Pink Bubbles coming after Unity, that never felt right to me). I'll probably keep starchild rise with Processional because I'm too lazy to fiddle with Goldwave or Audacity.

#142276 by Chris
Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:54 am
Well, although this still might need some fiddling about, separating Star Child Rise from the rest of Processional can also be done with Nero Wave Editor (actually including satisfying results).

#142278 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:42 am
I'm still not sure where EXACTLY Starchild Rise ends and how to do a transition - feeding out seems to be the only possible OK sounding way, and consequently fading in the other part of Processional later on. It still sounds best not separated IMO.

I so want an official version. :(

#142284 by Biert
Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:22 am
Noodles wrote:(especially Noisy Pink Bubbles coming after Unity, that never felt right to me).

Well yeah, Bubbles is a bonus track. Sunshine and Happiness doesn't really flow with the rest of Synchestra either, or Humble on Terria. That's why it's not immediately after Unity, Notes From Africa or Stagnant, but there's some silence or ambient sounds first. Although it may be related to the other songs, it's not part of the album in the same way.

#142352 by SouldrivenDevil
Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:26 am
Can anyone email me a version of Infinity 2.0?

I don't know how to do the editing to the album...

In exchange, I'll send some live SYL albums i have...

#142395 by Chris
Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:07 am
File-sharing alert! :lol: