The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#79151 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:07 pm
SolidusSnake082 wrote:I've heard that Christian Olde-Wolbers from Fear Factory had a contribution to this song. Did he play bass? Guitar? Somethin else?

Standup bass I think, yep.

#79173 by Hellhammer
Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:36 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
SolidusSnake082 wrote:I've heard that Christian Olde-Wolbers from Fear Factory had a contribution to this song. Did he play bass? Guitar? Somethin else?

It always feels like there is all this stuff I don't know. Thanks for saying monga.

#79418 by Fiery Gun Hand
Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:26 am
Definitely my favourite song on the record and maybe even my fave Devy track full stop.The 'Rocky Horror' style choral bits are truly amazing (especially as they remind me of Cardiacs ) and the burst of Zappa-like instrumentation in the middle is fantastic too

#79423 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:15 am
Hellhammer wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:

It always feels like there is all this stuff I don't know. Thanks for saying monga.

This information is in the booklet for Infinity. Moral of the story: you should always read the small print! Heh

#79720 by Hellhammer
Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:52 pm
Yeah, I'm pretty bad for that. My friends are always like "so and so played on this song" and I say "how did you know that?" and then they go "LOOK IN THE BOOKLET YOU FOOL!"

ah well, wake up call.

#79730 by SolidusSnake082
Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:00 pm
good call... I'll remember to do that once I buy the album :)

#159600 by nickv
Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:49 am
Good theory, TinyTears007.

When I listened to Infinity for the first time, I was way up in heaven from smoking pot. Truth and Christeen immediately grabbed my positive attention, but when Bad Devil played, I thought: My god, what is this?! Is this Devin? I had to listen to it twice before continuing with the rest of the album.

I've been obsessed with the song since then, and listen to it almost every day. I travel by public transportation a lot, listening to my iPod. Bad Devil made me forget to get out at the right bus stop :)

Back ontopic now (sorry).

Like TinyTears007, I also think the song is about sex. I can relate to the lyrics, at least, in my personal interpretation of them. In short: (no dirty details here) my last girlfriend was much older than me. At the beginning of our relationship - when I never listened to Infinity btw - that seemed to cause problems every now and then.

But, I thought, we'll see how it feels when you're older. I didn't really care, as I was enjoying what was on my mind (no details on this one ;) - but refer to the 'lay down before me' part). But it didn't stop (never gonna stop). Now I've seen how it feels when it's over (because, well, it simply is), but it's not just a waste of time to enjoy what's on our minds.

Not sure if I'm guessing in the right direction here as the above is related to my own experiences, so I'm probably way off, but that's one of the elements that make Bad Devil so great in my humble opinion.

#159605 by Josiah Tobin
Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:03 am
Yeah, I always thought the song was about that too-- I'm not sure about the rest of it, but the lines "We'll see how it feels when you're older/we'll see how it feels when it's over" make it seem like it's about a young man who's obsessed with the idea of sex. So people might tell him, "see how it feels when it's over" (should be self-explanatory :P ) and how it feels when he gets older and wiser.

Also, wasn't the "someone shoulda said/train won't stop" part just a reference to Anthrax?

~Josiah

#159624 by Persuader
Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:39 pm
Anthrax? Nicked the lyrics, or what?