The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#69394 by spanknuts
Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:15 am
First post and thread! Hi.

How many versions of Infinity exist? The track names on my CD are slightly different:

Truth
Christeen
Bad Devil
War
Soul Driven Cadillac
Ants
Wild Colonial Boy
Life Is All Dynamics
Unity
Noisy Pink Bubbles

Besides the track listing's differences, the "Now that the love is gone..." part of Soul Driven is sung in the end of War instead, but since I don't know the release that's announced in the HDR website that could be how it's laid out on the others.

Unfortunately I can't quite recall the catalog number of the album so that we could make a comparison, although I suppose it's a German release of it, judging by the sticker with the review snippets (in German :)) on the jewel case.

#69494 by Greg Reason
Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:01 pm
I don't think the versions have different mixes at all. BUt yes, there are three version fo the CD that I know of:

The standard Hevy Devy issue
The InsideOut reissue with the three bonus tracks "Man", "Hide Nowhere" acoustic and "Sister" acoustic
The Japanese issue, which presumably has bonus tracks also? Not sure on that one.

But as I mentioned, despite the differen track names, I don't think the mixes are different at all.

#69586 by NeonJesus
Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:02 pm
Whenever I see the Japanese copy for sale online it says "Infinity +1 bonus" but the "bonus" is in reference to Noisy Pink Bubbles. Not too sure why....

#69796 by goncalobcunha
Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:02 am
The japanese version is exactly the same as the HDR version...there is no bonus track!

#69854 by Greg Reason
Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:23 pm
For some reason, most Devy reissues had bodgy shit goin down with the bonus tracks, that in most cases weren't bonuses at all (Ocean machine had "Things Beyond Things" listed as a "bonus"...) but mostly the Japanese issues had good stuff on them. Shame about this one. At least you get an obi!

#69868 by King Fear
Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:07 am
Greg Reason wrote:I don't think the versions have different mixes at all. BUt yes, there are three version fo the CD that I know of:

The standard Hevy Devy issue
The InsideOut reissue with the three bonus tracks "Man", "Hide Nowhere" acoustic and "Sister" acoustic
The Japanese issue, which presumably has bonus tracks also? Not sure on that one.

There is also the original European release on USG records. Same as the standard HDR version, without bonuses.

#77328 by static
Mon May 02, 2005 3:09 pm
it seems the Soul Driven > War tracking is messed on most or all copies. i thought i read Dev saying that somewhere, too...

#83524 by Atari
Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:04 pm
*removed by pixies*

#84058 by gurp13
Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:10 pm
I have the version with "Man" and the two live tracks. I think the bonus tracks were quite good, even if they don't really belong at the end of Infinity.

#84103 by BenMech
Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:08 am
On the original Sony Japan versions: the songs between Ants and Unity were simply called "Colonial Boy" and "Dynamics"

#84183 by gurp13
Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:45 pm
BenMech wrote:On the original Sony Japan versions: the songs between Ants and Unity were simply called "Colonial Boy" and "Dynamics"

Yeah, that's a good point. What are the actual titles of those songs?

#84232 by Lumiere
Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:17 am
BenMech wrote:On the original Sony Japan versions: the songs between Ants and Unity were simply called "Colonial Boy" and "Dynamics"

Just like my copy. Which, oddly enough, I purchased in Canada.

gurp13 wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. What are the actual titles of those songs?

Colonial Boy = Wild Colonial Boy
Dynamics = Life Is All Dynamics

#84260 by gurp13
Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:40 am
Lumiere wrote:

Just like my copy. Which, oddly enough, I purchased in Canada.

gurp13 wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. What are the actual titles of those songs?

Colonial Boy = Wild Colonial Boy
Dynamics = Life Is All Dynamics

So, the actual titles according to the Dev are the longer ones, "Wild Colonial Boy" and "Life is All Dynamics" right? I ask because a lot of Dev's songs are titled with one or two words only. These seem to be anomalies.

#87670 by EvilPanda
Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:30 pm
I also bought Infinity in Canada and I have Colonial Boy and Dynamics.

#87740 by VampireDaveGrohl
Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:50 am
What is the thing with Obi strips anyway? Why are they so collectable? I must admit, i've thrown a few away in my time. I've only kept one, and that was the Wildhearts' live album Tokyo Suits Me.