The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#142627 by starark
Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:56 pm
I still remember hearing Ants for the first time. What a mindfuck!, I was laughing and maybe even a little bit scared. "Don't waste money on spoiled food. Don't waste money on spoiled food"

And then right into Colonial boy which is just as good

#146653 by squidlydoesit
Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:28 pm
Stonegaze wrote:Song is a crazy one when listening, gets a smile on my face easily. But looking at the lyrics, there's something depressing.

Alive, but so alone...
Live, so alive...
All we need is money just a little bit of money, and that's all
that we've been searching for
(Make the money! Do the laundry!)
Just a little bit of money makes the world go round

Money's taking all of our time, our strength, our lives. We live for making money, and there's never enough of it. Money starts to make us rather than we make money. A new god to worship. I see Ants as a quite ironic view - what have we become if not ants, running around with terrible hurry, trying to build our stack of money higher and higher. Nothing's enough, have to keep working, no free time.

Alive, but so alone...
Live, so alive...

yo ants are better than humans, they don't do it for money, plus the added bonus of having an undergound lair, with millions of minions
maybe its called ants because we step on them???

no respect thing

yeah stupid.......
ants reper@zent
i swear nature had a better way for us

#155981 by asparagusDuck
Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:23 am
once after a nice ganj session a friend and I turned off all the lights and put some music on his computer. we were pretty out there at the time and the darkness of the room and soft music put us in a really tranquil mood. I decided to see what would happen if I put Ants on.
As soon as it got crazy my friend started SCREAMING and slamming the keyboard trying to get the song to stop, he was going insane. Meanwhile I was cracking up.
We had been imagining our own music videos to go along with the songs and he said he envisioned a satanic genie popping out of a lamp and dancing like a madman with flames flying everywhere, then the genie multiplied into a thousand others all doing the same thing.
I'll never forget that night and the pure terror in his voice as he desperately tried to turn off the song.

Re:

#230149 by Pik_Nick'92
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:17 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:once after a nice ganj session a friend and I turned off all the lights and put some music on his computer. we were pretty out there at the time and the darkness of the room and soft music put us in a really tranquil mood. I decided to see what would happen if I put Ants on.
As soon as it got crazy my friend started SCREAMING and slamming the keyboard trying to get the song to stop, he was going insane. Meanwhile I was cracking up.
We had been imagining our own music videos to go along with the songs and he said he envisioned a satanic genie popping out of a lamp and dancing like a madman with flames flying everywhere, then the genie multiplied into a thousand others all doing the same thing.
I'll never forget that night and the pure terror in his voice as he desperately tried to turn off the song.

Umm..I don't know whether to be freaked out or proud of the madness that dev created with this song.