The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#80847 by DevonH
Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:16 pm
The explosion at the beginning and toward the end of WAR kill my headphones....

#81588 by Socialenemy69
Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:13 am
I blew a Rockford Fostgate 10" HX2 by listening to alien and infinity in my car. So this weekend I went out and bought 2 Rockford Fostgate 10"Punch stage 3 subs. Still havent tried playing Alien or Infinity, but I will once the subs are broken in after a week or so.

My Car stereo setup
Pioneer Premier DEH-P940MP headunit
Kicker KX 800.4 power front speakers and subs
Rockford Fostgate P2002 Powering rear Pioneer 6x9s
2 Hifonics Zeus Components in Q Logic Kickpanels
2 Rockford Fostgate 10"Punch stage 3 subs

Overall the sound is very clear and very loud, so finally people on the streets are exposed to good music blarring out of a car instead of lame Rap Music.

#81591 by Blazingmonga
Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:31 am
Alien was also the reason I upgraded my home hifi setup, and finally got a meaty subwoofer. The subdrops and sonic booms in Infinty and Alien are priceless

#81596 by Greg Reason
Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:09 am
Socialenemy69 wrote:Overall the sound is very clear and very loud, so finally people on the streets are exposed to good music blarring out of a car instead of lame Rap Music.

Not all rap is lame. Gene made a very stupid comment on the SYL forums in regard to this aspect of SYL's production but I knew better than to start another bitch war with him.

#122716 by danceswithchickens
Sun May 28, 2006 7:53 am
Alien is one of the best-sounding metal albums on my 12W7. "Thalamus" absolutely SMOTHERS you with bass.

People need to be careful with Dev's stuff, though. The sonic booms on Infinity can easily overload a lesser system if the user is not careful.

Here is what I'm using in my car:

12W7 subwoofer

The speakers I just installed: Focal 165KP. These things are AMAZING
Last edited by danceswithchickens on Sun May 28, 2006 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

#122717 by Biert
Sun May 28, 2006 8:02 am
My car doesn't even have a CD player.

#122736 by djskrimp
Sun May 28, 2006 12:50 pm
Biert wrote:My car doesn't even have a CD player.

Neither does mine. I have my portable CD player velcroed onto the dash and one of those tapes with a wire leadout that plugs into the CD player. It's my own ghetto Alpine system. Still, no one takes a 2003 Ford Focus seriously...<sigh>

#123668 by idarco
Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:21 am
Yes! Love playing Infinity in the car! The sonic boom at the end of War is just fantastic, as well as the start of Truth. I rather like Soul Driven too.

#123701 by Hughie
Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:16 pm
Hey idarco, you in northern ireland or the republic??

Also.. when I get my car in a couple months, I expect you guys to help me buy a system for it so I can blast dev:D

#123713 by danceswithchickens
Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:32 pm
Hughie wrote:Hey idarco, you in northern ireland or the republic??

Also.. when I get my car in a couple months, I expect you guys to help me buy a system for it so I can blast dev:D

Send me a message when the time comes. I will try to point you in the right direction. Beware of rampant myths and misinformation when it comes to car audio...most of what people tell you is just bullshit that they heard from someone else...

#125838 by FTB
Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:42 am
Doesn't anyone have a home hi-fi system that can reproduce Dev's bass even semi-well? If you spent all that money on home hi-fi systems instead, you'd get a much more pleasing result. No matter how much bass you can get from a car system, music will sound a hundred times better on a real hi-fi system.

#125839 by danceswithchickens
Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:06 am
FTB wrote:Doesn't anyone have a home hi-fi system that can reproduce Dev's bass even semi-well? If you spent all that money on home hi-fi systems instead, you'd get a much more pleasing result. No matter how much bass you can get from a car system, music will sound a hundred times better on a real hi-fi system.

Two problems with this statement:

1) I live in an apartment, and such noise could get me evicted.
2) For the price of my entire high-end car stereo, I'd be lucky just to get a nice set of home speakers, never mind a receiver, CD player, subwoofer, etc.

Otherwise, I would agree with you. Home audio sounds much better.

#127041 by SouldrivenDevil
Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:00 am
idarco wrote:Yes! Love playing Infinity in the car! The sonic boom at the end of War is just fantastic, as well as the start of Truth. I rather like Soul Driven too.

Soul Driven is the hidden gem to the record

#127042 by SouldrivenDevil
Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:01 am
danceswithchickens wrote:Alien is one of the best-sounding metal albums on my 12W7. "Thalamus" absolutely SMOTHERS you with bass.

People need to be careful with Dev's stuff, though. The sonic booms on Infinity can easily overload a lesser system if the user is not careful.

Here is what I'm using in my car:

12W7 subwoofer

The speakers I just installed: Focal 165KP. These things are AMAZING

JL's do the trick.

I got 3 JL w6 12's in my car right now, with a 1000 watt d.