The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#76228 by organic spiral
Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:56 am
I just got it in the mail yesterday. Oh my god!! These songs are incredible! I never realized how much of a headfuck Infinity was supposed to be. Boy if these songs were on that album it would be absolutely perfect!

That's why I love dev. He takes care of his fans and releases almost everything he does in some shape way or form. I am a better person now that I've heard these songs. Sit in The Mountain is just addicting!! Om is a tour de force and Processional is an absolute lapse into godliness!! Very good shit. It says something when your b-sides are better than most other bands' musical careers

#76229 by Blazingmonga
Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:09 am
Absolutely right!

OM is one of my favourite songs...and the start of Processional has some of Devin's best vocal work, in my opinion. Sit In The Mountain is simply beautiful.

And Love Load is....mad! Havent heard the original though.

#76256 by Coma Divine
Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:11 pm
I still to this day can't believe that Sit In The Mountain never made it onto Infinity or any other album for that matter...

#76261 by Amaran
Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:33 pm
I'll get my copy of the Christeen EP together with DevLab, Punky Brüster and the press CD next week. I've been waiting for two years and now I'll finally get it.

The first thing I'm going to do is to reassemble the Infinity tracks and put the songs from the EP in between, so I get the "original" Infinity tracklisting... one song needs some serious cutting and some more need to be cross-faded and stuff like that. It'll be interesting and I hope it won't be too hard to get all that stuff done.

#76273 by Marshall Bravestar
Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:47 am
Coma Divine wrote:I still to this day can't believe that Sit In The Mountain never made it onto Infinity or any other album for that matter...

Absolutely. One of my favourite songs and could've saved me years of finding that album just slightly annoying.

As I said on another thread:

"...just replace Bad Devil with Om and WCB with Sit In The Mountain. That'd do it. That'd be perfect for me."

I know that wouldn't be the original track list, but it'd be a great one. Plus I wouldn't wanna lose Noisy Pink Bubbles which wouldn't be on the album if it'd been released to it's original tracklisting.

Imagine though if Infinity had all the tracks it does have AND the ep stuff too. It'd be mammoth!! Nearly reaching double album lengths!

#76280 by EphelDuath666
Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:52 am
I love this CD. I had it before but was finally able to really purchase it last week. It still amazes me. Processional is one awesome track. Almost like a soundtrack. Awesome stuff!

#76324 by psychotic
Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:40 pm
I agree with the comment about b-sides from Devin being better than most band's entire careers. It's amazing how with only five tracks that Devin can blow the mind as much as he does. Amazing work!

#76621 by Marshall Bravestar
Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:27 am
Some of his best work. Thank god he thinks enough of his fans to put all the "not so good"(Yeah right!!!!) stuff out there on these neat little web-only CDs.

A rare thing indeed...

#76647 by Persuader
Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:03 am
There´s just something Godlike over all these songs...Sit in the mountain is pure beauty.

#76651 by jon
Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:41 am
i just got my copy of infinityEP (and Devlab) in the post at the start of the week and i was totally blown away.

are the ass-sordid demos similar to this stuff?

#76652 by King Fear
Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:55 am
jon wrote:are the ass-sordid demos similar to this stuff?

No they're not. Maybe the song "Ocean Machines" off ASD1 comes close, but the other stuff sounds more like "demos" in the usual sense of the word. The songs on the Infinity EP are quite incorrectly labeled as "demos".
Last edited by King Fear on Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

#76668 by jon
Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:34 am
but the ass-sordid demos are still good? yes?

#76672 by Coma Divine
Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:58 am
Just like King Fear said - the Ass Sordid stuff generally has a slightly less "polished" sound cf. that of the Infinity EP, but still worth a listen to get into some of Dev's roots.

Good. Yes. :wink:

#76680 by King Fear
Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:55 am
What he said. Good, yes, mindblowing, no.

#77130 by GDiddy
Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:36 pm
Coma Divine wrote:I still to this day can't believe that Sit In The Mountain never made it onto Infinity or any other album for that matter...

I always say that same thing. It would've made a perfect second single for the album.