The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#79992 by rgx612a
Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:41 pm
Devin were to perform Infinity live in it's entirety with a symphony? Wouldn't that rock? I think the songs would work quite well with a symphony too.

#79999 by simen_88
Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:23 am
Yeah, that would be cool.

#80021 by Blazingmonga
Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:30 am
I don't know about the actual use of a symphony...but the thought of the album being played in its entirety is an awesome one.

So the stage would have whatever and whoever is needed to get the full album sound across. That might include a choir, about 1000 keyboardists, a huge percussion section (maybe both Gene and Ryan heh) and any number of extra musicians.

It would be awesome to see Dev doing the strange ambient sections inbetween...singing into a microphone with strange filters and effects. Heh.

Though it is only a dream...
Last edited by Blazingmonga on Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#80024 by funny_little_guy
Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:06 am
So the stage would have whatever and whoever is needed to get the full album sound across. That might include a choir, about 1000 keyboardists, a huge percussion section (maybe both Gene and Ryan heh) and any number of extra musicians.

times that by like 10 to 20,000 and I think were getting close. Yeah it would be amazing. It'd be interesting to see what it would sound like to have all the background synth parts and stuff arragned for symphony it should sound very cool.

#80050 by rgx612a
Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:52 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:I don't know about the actual use of a symphony...but the thought of the album being played in its entirety is an awesome one.

It would be awesome to see Dev doing the strange ambient sections inbetween...singing into a microphone with strange filters and effects. Heh.

Though it is only a dream...

Hmm, yeah... I like the idea. It would be like a Pink floyd concert. You know, if Devin's music were more popular I bet something like this might of happened. Too bad the demand and money just ain't there for a show of that magnitude to happen.

Only a dream indeed, but a good one.

#80052 by geoff
Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:58 pm
I see the band dressed in white, a white flag in the background, white guitars, white drumkit, butterfly effects for the lights and the show begining with "star child rise" with massive choirs !!! Yes !!!

#80064 by hairy
Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:47 pm
He planned something similar at the time he released Infinity.
He wanted to perform on a huge stage, with 4 or 5 guitarists, many female vocalists for choirs, everybody wearing uniforms, all of the instruments being live!!!!

#80065 by geoff
Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:04 pm
They did the shows wearing uniforms

#80074 by EphelDuath666
Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:24 pm
geoff wrote:I see the band dressed in white, a white flag in the background, white guitars, white drumkit, butterfly effects for the lights and the show begining with "star child rise" with massive choirs !!! Yes !!!

the whole "white set" thing sounds like Bryan Adams...I was forced to see that once. But the idea of performing the whole Infinity record on stage sounds delicious.

#80078 by Hellhammer
Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:35 pm
performing with a symphony would be fucken wicked.

It could be a new CD, S&D.. Not a metallica ripoff..

I'd like to hear something like this at least..

#80086 by simen_88
Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:34 am
geoff wrote:I see the band dressed in white, a white flag in the background, white guitars, white drumkit, butterfly effects for the lights and the show begining with "star child rise" with massive choirs !!! Yes !!!
HELL YEAH!

#80196 by gurp13
Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:29 pm
Yes, of course, this thread begs the question... Which set list does Devin use? The "release" version of Infinity or the "original" version that was scrapped? Bear in mind, songs like Wild Colonial Boy and Bad Devil are not on the "original" version.
Last edited by gurp13 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#80231 by simen_88
Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:16 am
Hard choice. I like Processional and WCB just as much.

#80310 by rgx612a
Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:55 pm
gurp13 wrote:Yes, of course, this thread begs the question... Which set list does Devin use? The "release" version of Infinity or the "original" version that was scrapped? Bear in mind, songs like Wild Colonial Boy and Bad Devil are not on the "original" version.

Oh, and look at me, 100 posts!!! :)

Hmm, good question. I think he should play the CD version because it's the way everyone's used to hearing it, then do some of the tracks from the EP for encores.