The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#80335 by funny_little_guy
Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:03 am
I think he should play a new version composed just for the live show.

#93505 by asparagusDuck
Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:47 pm
if that were to happen, i think you gotta throw processional in there somewhere. that song melts my brain.
#103904 by Cygnus
Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:08 am
rgx612a wrote:Devin were to perform Infinity live in it's entirety with a symphony? Wouldn't that rock? I think the songs would work quite well with a symphony too.

Fuck that, i think they should just make a rock opera out of all of devin's really good songs, and put a symphony behind it. They should start with the first half of Infinity, put a bunch of songs in between, and end with the last half of it, making Unity the very last song.

HE could probably also use songs like Nobody's Here, Down and Under, Stagnant, Namaste, Irish Maiden, Storm, Away, Seventh Wave, Depth Charge... The list would be endless.

Of course, it would require countless preparations, and essintially, most if not all the lyrics of the songs would have to be changed.
#103978 by sj_2150
Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:27 am
Cygnus wrote:i think they should just make a rock opera

UGH! sounds like something Greenday would do...
#104015 by Biert
Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:25 am
sj_2150 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:i think they should just make a rock opera

UGH! sounds like something Greenday would do...

Punky Brüster Rock Opera then? Maybe?

#104022 by funny_little_guy
Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:48 am
rock operas were cool before green day tried one, anyone heard of The Wall?

#104082 by djskrimp
Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:05 pm
funny_little_guy wrote:rock operas were cool before green day tried one, anyone heard of The Wall?

Funny you should mention that, because Devin strikes me as the perfect synthesis of David Gilmour and Roger Waters....

#104208 by Cygnus
Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:23 pm
funny_little_guy wrote:rock operas were cool before green day tried one, anyone heard of The Wall?

Yes, and fuck yes.

the wall was freakin amazing, which is the reason ive always wanted to write a rock oprea. And as far as Greenday goes, I really dont think they were anywhere quialified to write a rock oprea to begin with.

Who the fuck has ever heard of a punk rock oprea anyway? Punk rock songs are supposed to be three minutes long, and all about the same thing... either why kids should rebel against everything, and girlfriends. So a punk rock oprea is an abomination to begin with.

A prog-metal oprea (ie, what i just mentioned) would work because prog is meant to be long, dynamic, meaningful, and moving. Four things that green day isn.t

So to conclude, Thank you Green Day for ruining rock opears! Kindly fall of the face of the earth, and go back to writing songs about high school.

#104265 by Blazingmonga
Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:39 am
Green Day's 'American Idiot' is actually rather good, the best thing they have ever done.

The only thing is that Punky Brüster did it better!

#104274 by sj_2150
Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:47 am
Blazingmonga wrote:Green Day's 'American Idiot' is actually rather good, the best thing they have ever done.

Oh my fucking god :shock:

#104276 by Pisshead
Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:52 am
Blazingmonga wrote:Green Day's 'American Idiot' is actually rather good, the best thing they have ever done.

Challenging stuff..