The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#81943 by IronMaiden736
Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:18 am
It cost me 19.95 :(

Good thing this cd is worth the money, because 19 bucks is a lot of money. If it wasn't Devin, I probably wouldn't have spent that much. Why are DTB cd's so expensive?
#81945 by Chris
Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:40 am
IronMaiden736 wrote:Why are DTB cd's so expensive?

I don't know if you can really say in general that DTB records are expensive. In Germany the prices are "normal" (that means what the music industry wants us to consider to be normal) compared to other releases.

Yeah, Infinity is worth the money... And I hope you'll share your thoughts on it here!

#81946 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:34 am
cd prices are usually high but sometimes you'll find old cds from well known bands for like 9 bucks which is pretty sweet, but anything that has to be specially ordered is over 20 bucks. example, anything european its like 30 bucks >.> and devin/syl stuff is like 22 usually. it sucks but maan is it worth it.

#81956 by IronMaiden736
Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:32 pm
The average cd is around 12 bucks at the store I bought it at. So its not like the store was doing it. I don't really care though, I really needed to buy Infinity. I probably would have even paid more for it. :D

#81959 by Blazingmonga
Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:08 pm
$20 for a CD is pretty cheap by UK standards! Most CDs are about $30 on average, and some more strange metal CDs can be more like $35

So I think $20 is pretty damn good really! For most of my CDs I will have paid far more than that.

Though having said that most pop music usually sells for around $20, but metal is generally more expensive, which smells.

#81977 by IronMaiden736
Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:42 pm
and WOW.....I love this.

I had really crappy mp3s of infinity, and its so much better when listening to it on cd. I keep hearing things I never heard with my mp3s. It rules!!!

One question though, does anyone know why Devin didn't put lyrics in the booklet?

#81991 by simen_88
Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:35 am
Not on Bad Devil, though. I had major problems hearing what he said until I heard the Official Bootleg.

#81993 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:38 am
Hellhammer wrote:Hmm.. I don't know why..

But, luckily in the case of Infinity, I think Dev is so understandable that it's okay not to have them.

You think? What about Soul Driven...? Or the mantra like vocals in Unity...and what about ANTS?!?!? There are so many layers and layers of vocals in this album, and Devin's voice is so diverse that sometimes it isnt always clear what is being said.

This album also has moments where the word being sung is ambigious when you hear it, but not on paper.

For example, in Dynamics, there is a line that says "Unsure? Well, here's help with the wait", and I was convinced that this said weight, as both make sense.

So anyhoo, my point is that it would but nice to be able to read the lyrics, but the lyrics are available on the website anyway.

#81996 by Chris
Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:49 am
Blazingmonga wrote:...and what about ANTS?!?!? There are so many layers and layers of vocals in this album, and Devin's voice is so diverse that sometimes it isnt always clear what is being said.

Thumbs up to everyone who was able to get the complete lyrics of Ants just from hearing...

#82081 by Lumiere
Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:10 am
Dev CDs are bloody expensive in the UK. Ocean Machine, Physicist and Accelerated Evolution were all £15.99, which is nearly $30. On a trip to Canada, I picked up Infinity for $15, which I'm entirely thankful for.

Terria, however, was only £8.99 in HMV. I have no idea why.

#82232 by Hellhammer
Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:39 pm
Well of course it would be nice to read the lyrics. And of course I couldn't understand everything. But I still think I got a pretty good chunk of it from listening.

thats just me though. And just Infinity, there are some albums that are much clearer than Dev's stuff that I sometimes can't understand.

#82433 by Lumiere
Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:08 pm
IronMaiden736 wrote:One question though, does anyone know why Devin didn't put lyrics in the booklet?

On Infinity, I think Dev very much leaves his vision up to the interpretation of the listener. Also, there's a special clarity on Infinity; such is the production, you can hear every nuance of every instrument, and swathes of background nuggets too. It's an enveloping experience.

#82573 by Archetype
Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:25 am
Yeah well, what can I say. It's on my number one Devin records together with Terria, I still can't choose.
This record blows my mind, and everybody's mind so far, whom I've played the record to. Escpecially my 'musician friends' are in awe of the sonic ability of this guy, when they hear this record. It's still one of the the best productions I have heard in a LOONG time.