The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#103470 by gurp13
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:07 pm
Cygnus wrote:...But at the very end of Soul Driven, there's an allusion to Stravinsky's "Right of Spring." at 3:54. It's as clear as day.

Has this been discovered before? jw...

What's Peacable Kingdom and what's it got to do with Infinity?

#103471 by Cygnus
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:10 pm
Track 5? of Infinity?

wait... that's Soul Driven

:oops:

#103472 by gurp13
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:15 pm
Cygnus wrote:Track 5? of Infinity?

That track is called "Soul Driven." At 3:54 by my music player, that song goes into an ambient section and then you hear that "Voice of God" thing before Dev says, "It's time, It's time, you have a decision to make..." etc.

But, not being overly familiar with Rites of Spring, I am probably missing the reference. Sorry. I was listening for something that sounded symphonic but didn't hear it.
#103473 by gurp13
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:16 pm
Cygnus wrote:...But at the very end of Soul Driven (Track 5), there's an allusion to Stravinsky's "Right of Spring." at 3:54. It's as clear as day.

Oh, sure, now you change the title. :lol:

#103474 by Cygnus
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:16 pm
gurp13 wrote:

That track is called "Soul Driven." At 3:54 by my music player, that song goes into an ambient section and then you hear that "Voice of God" thing before Dev says, "It's time, It's time, you have a decision to make..." etc.

But, not being overly familiar with Rites of Spring, I am probably missing the reference. Sorry. I was listening for something that sounded symphonic but didn't hear it.

Yeah, you have to be a dork like me to hear it.

#103475 by gurp13
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:17 pm
Cygnus wrote:
gurp13 wrote:

Yeah, you have to be a dork like me to hear it.

You say dork, I say "musically literate and an ear for details".

#103510 by Atari
Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:42 am
*looks at quote*

:D
#103721 by Blazingmonga
Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:59 am
Cygnus wrote:...But at the very end of Soul Driven (Track 5), there's an allusion to Stravinsky's "Right of Spring." at 3:54. It's as clear as day.

I'm not sure that it has. I havent heard this other piece of music so I cant say for sure.

Can you explain in detail what you are hearing?
#103902 by Cygnus
Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:58 am
Blazingmonga wrote:

I'm not sure that it has. I havent heard this other piece of music so I cant say for sure.

Can you explain in detail what you are hearing?

Its kinda hard to so that without singing it... (which is impossible via the internet)

At this part, there's the ambience, the chattering, and a single melodic like in the background that sounds almost like a clarinet or basoon. It fades in, playes what is almost identical to the Rite of Spring line (Same key and all), then fades out as the chattering becomes more.

Does that help?

#104318 by Pisshead
Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:29 am
the Rites of Spring is badass, got it on CD with firebird.

#105306 by alphaenemy
Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:32 pm
I have heard it since the album came out. Devin's a huge fan of Stravinsky, so I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

I don't think it's in the same key, though.

#106776 by Cygnus
Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:57 am
I have heard it since the album came out. Devin's a huge fan of Stravinsky, so I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

I don't think it's in the same key, though.

Good, so it's not just me! I didn't realise that devin was a huge Stravinsky fan because im quite a contemporary fan myself.

the Rites of Spring is badass, got it on CD with firebird.

Yeah, that's probably my favorite orchestral piece ever. I wouldn't have noticed that allusion if that weren't the case.

#107566 by the_scoon
Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:35 am
Pisshead wrote:the Rites of Spring is badass, got it on CD with firebird.

Firebird is the freaking bomb...well they both are. You can't get much more heavy with classical music than Stravinsky.

#108264 by Pisshead
Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:12 pm
The Dev wrote:Joe Satriani: Surfing with the alien
Vinne Moore : Minds eye
Steve Morse : The introduction and the the next solo album he did...
Igor Stravinsky : the rites of spring
Handels' Messiah
Gordon Lightfoot : Don Quixote
Jimi Hendrix : are you experienced

Seems like he at least knows the album, meaning there is a VERY high chance that it is an allusion to the rites of spring.