The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#103673 by Deathcom7000
Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:11 pm
Infinity is such a colorful, powerful album. It's hard to believe Dev chose only one color to describe it. THE COLOR WHITE!?! But at the same time it fits perfectly. So I ask, when you hear each song, what do you see. What are you picturing when you hear it. I'll give it a shot.

Truth
You can imagine how diverse everyone's will be at Truth. I first see the universe slowly zooming in a little. Then at the big boom at 0:16, I see Hell. Literally, I see the underworld preparing for something. The next boom happens and it pans to heaven preparing as well. It looks as if they are about to fire some giant cannons. Then at 0:52, they shoot two beams at each other from the Cannons, and the Earth starts to form from their cross fire, Meaning that Earth consists of Good and Evil. Then earth starts to form. At 1:22, little pink bubbles starting coming around. When one pops, it makes the "la" sound. At 1:50, a Giant mountain starts to rise from the ground with the narator on top of it (in this case Devin) screaming, and singing the Halleluja part (with the little segment before 2:00 of the pink bubbles singing again). At 2:19 a gold source of engergy breaks free from the Narator, and an infinity sign forms forms in the universe, with the two loops surrounding heaven and hell, and meeting each other at Earth.

Wow that was long

Christeen
It's kind of hard to make one for this when there is already a music video. I pretty much have the same idea except with a pink and gold glow coming from behind Devin

Bad Devil
After christeen, the white room starts to darken, and it looks like the cover of Infinity EP. The Narator is sitting there as a demonic creature is playing the piano. Then a white form of the devil comes out of the Narator's forhead and starts to ask demans of him.
I wanna big city boy Be a man, not a boy
Then it cuts to a train traveling downward at a very high speed towards Hell. The Narator is pinned to the back of the train, and his face is slowly melting as he sings
Train won't stop
Never gonna stop
And it's coming back to carry me back home
Leave me alone
With no where to go
And ride that wind back home...

Then the white little ghost/devil flys out of his mouth, and it cuts back to the demonic creatures playing jazz instruments. Those series of images loop.

War
Oh wow. So much going on here. I first see the band playing outside in an open grassy field at night. There are no stars in the air untill 0:44 when you hear the high sounding "ha" voice, one star goes in the air. Then another "ha" voice is heard another star lights the air. As more of the little voices are said, more stars fill the air. Then when enough stars are up, they start to line up, untill there is a round, transperant dome surrounding the band. The camera zooms out and the lines have formed a giant brain, and the brain flys into the narators skull. He then goes to his window and stairs at the stars and starts to sing the first verse.
In the morning 'bout three or so
Can't stop thinking about what I know
In the morning 'bout three or so
Can't stop thinking of the universe

Then he starts to sail across the night sky in space, and falls back into his bedroom. When the "doo wap doo wapas" come in, there is just madness going on. Like static, and multiple faces of the Narator on the screen. When it ends it's even crazier untill the Narator yells
Just stop the noise for once... please!!

Soul Driven
Nothing fancy. Just a lot of space

Ants
... just wow. Try EVERYTHING! There are ants occasionally crawling across the screen, theres are tiny heads flying in the air singing, a roller coster, static, tv ads, and a band. It's just too crazy to explain

Colonial Boy
I don't see anything here. It's probably my least favorite song on the album. It's a great song, but not my usual style of music

Dynamics
The Narator is stitting on a stump. There are 4 parts to the room, and each side represents a different season. Each part looks totally identical, but with a different season. Then all of a sudden, a force lifts him aggresivly into space as there are masses of super novas. It's a powerful moment. The stars shape into a key, and thats all I can really explain.

Unity
Nothing can be said but the colors pink and gold

Noisy Pink Bubbles
The album is over. The Narator is sitting quietly in his small white room, but the curtain hasn't been pulled. If you wait awhile, the pink bubbles from Truth come back, and slowly start to rise up, and so does the Narator. The music starts and the white room is transforming into very trippy desighns. At the 0:54 and 1:05 marks, it looks as if the screen has turned to liquid. It then dissolves into more trippy images for awhile, as if your flying along a tunnel full of noisy pink bubbles and musical engery. Finally at 2:18 the narator and the band reaper, but stays. The Narator is singing again, and the band is playing. This goes on for awhile. At 4:18, the band member start to disapear one by one. Maute Dingas appears, and starts to fly away as the Narator reaches out to him. The room is turning back to white, and the bubbles have all popped. The narator sits back down, and everything fades to black.

This is my first topic :D
#103698 by Matthijs K.
Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:08 am
Deathcom7000 wrote:Infinity is such a colorful, powerful album. It's hard to believe Dev chose only one color to describe it. THE COLOR WHITE!?!

White is all colours. At once!

So white is really the All. Which kinda makes sense I guess.

#103701 by Atari
Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:35 am
Someone was paying attention during art class. :D

#103706 by Persuader
Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:28 am
...but when I mix all colours in my paintbox it just turns grey... :shock:

This really annoyed me as a kid. :D

#103723 by Biert
Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:11 am
Atari wrote:Someone was paying attention during art class. :D

Not art. Physics.

#103758 by sj_2150
Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:17 am
i picture a huge stage and sort of like a broadway musical when i listen to bad devil

#105156 by Cygnus
Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:27 pm
another reason why i think they should make a rock opera out of devins songs

#107089 by andjustinforall
Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:27 am
you, my friend, are one intense individual. i would never be able to descibe exacts scenes when listening to music, more just vibes and 'senses' that i cant explain, kinda like a vague sixth sense.

#109909 by Deathcom7000
Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:10 pm
I understand. I get that when I listen to Death metal.

#109937 by mo
Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:06 pm
For me it has always changed. When it first came out and I listened to it, although I liked it I really couldn't grasp the whole album. Only after years of listening have I appreciated it more and more, particularly in the last year.

At the time when I first listened to it, I can safely say that there was nothing out there like it.

I don't suggest this for everyone but the album is quite good on acid with a good visualiser (download them for winamp). On new years eve I had 4 friends crowded around my PC going "whooooaaaa...." 'Alien' is also really good on acid.

I must stress this, don't use acid just for this reason, if you do acid, make sure you're comfortable, safe and have a stress free mind.

Also get it off a reputable source (like K-Mart).
#109946 by djskrimp
Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:30 pm
Matthijs K. wrote:
Deathcom7000 wrote:Infinity is such a colorful, powerful album. It's hard to believe Dev chose only one color to describe it. THE COLOR WHITE!?!

White is all colours. At once!

So white is really the All. Which kinda makes sense I guess.

White is also the absence of colors. Just as black can be the inclusion or exclusion of all colors, depending on the medium. However you look at it, it's all...uh...dynamics?

#111221 by Deathcom7000
Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:10 pm
mo wrote:For me it has always changed. When it first came out and I listened to it, although I liked it I really couldn't grasp the whole album. Only after years of listening have I appreciated it more and more, particularly in the last year.

At the time when I first listened to it, I can safely say that there was nothing out there like it.

I don't suggest this for everyone but the album is quite good on acid with a good visualiser (download them for winamp). On new years eve I had 4 friends crowded around my PC going "whooooaaaa...." 'Alien' is also really good on acid.

I must stress this, don't use acid just for this reason, if you do acid, make sure you're comfortable, safe and have a stress free mind.

Also get it off a reputable source (like K-Mart).

I don't do acid, but I'd imagine that Infinity would be amazing if u were on it. :wink:

#113408 by Skeptic
Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:26 pm
White is also the absence of colors. Just as black can be the inclusion or exclusion of all colors, depending on the medium. However you look at it, it's all...uh...dynamics?

Back in 2000, when I was tripping out of mind with schizophrenia, I seemed to be the only person around me who understood this album. I always said the album was about "light". And white light is a mixture of all colours. (Remember when you were kid and made one of those spinning tops with the different color segments, and when you spun it, all the colors blurred into white?)

However, most of Devin's music is about his perception. (Obviously.) But he works it fantastically into time as a track progresses. For example, the track "Unity" shows how his perception changes as time progresses.
Everything is perfect and beautiful at the begininng, but at 2:13, there starts to be subtle changes, as his mood changes (uncontrollably and being automated by his illness). His perception starts to get clouded... and well... a little bit scary (for me anyway.. gives me chills just listening to it now). In the meantime, look at how he is continuingly saying "Life, its all life, life, its alright" Trying to keep it in order.

BUT...

At the same time, he capturing something absolutely beautiful and breaktaking!!! WOW!!! WHAT A MIND!!!
:twisted:
Absolutely incredible!!!