The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#120378 by Turge
Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:13 pm
Finally! I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it!

So here's the deal: I've been into Dev since september 2005, and I've listened to his stuff everyday, either SYL or the solo stuff. I had a hard time getting into Terria and Infinity for months, while Synchestra and the other stuff I got into pretty fast. I guess this is just normal, since Terria and Infinity are considered the "big ones" (in terms of complexity) on this board. Correct me if mistaken.

Terria has been letting go more and more, and I feel I "get it" more now than a few months ago. But Infinity have always been up there, you know? But! Earlier this evening I was listening to Infinity in its entirety, something I haven't done very much earlier (yeah, I know, blasphemy). And suddenly it just clicked! While listening to "Life Is All Dynamics" I just... man. I was so awed. I know this record has a lot of pain and bad days in it, but it was just so beautiful.

So, long story short: Until tonight I've been having trouble getting into Infinity. But it seems it might get easier from now on!

Man, I love it when that happens! :D

#120398 by Mayday
Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 am
Terria has been the last album from Dev which I listened to. My expectations were ultra-high but still when I put the record on, I was immediately overwhelmed and got into it instantly. the record then proceeded to get more enjoyable with each listen :)

I agree with you on Infinity though, it took a lot more listens to get into that one. but I'm grateful I did have the patience to do so :)

#120415 by Atari
Mon May 01, 2006 6:01 am
Infinity took me forever to "get".
#120418 by Blazingmonga
Mon May 01, 2006 7:31 am
Turge wrote:And suddenly it just clicked! While listening to "Life Is All Dynamics" I just... man. I was so awed.

I may as well be quoting myself here! The exact same thing happened to me quite a while ago now. That song seems to bring it all together for most people. Truly a beautiful moment.

#120576 by fullgore
Tue May 02, 2006 2:25 pm
I really don't think I would have given Infinity a chance if it hadn't been for Ants, Bad Devil, and Noisy Pink Bubbles. It is a really difficult album to enjoy at first, but those 3 songs were a little easier for me to get into than the rest. I fell in love with Bad Devil the first time I heard it.

I found Terria a real easy pill to swallow in comparison to Infinity, or for that matter most of Devin's catalogue.

#120632 by psychotic
Wed May 03, 2006 5:45 pm
I think I was cool with inifinity from there very start mainly because of Christeen being the opener, and that was something I could always go back to when I was having trouble getting into each of the other songs, as it was an album that I seemed to get into song by song, so I was into it right away, but just partially.
#120634 by IronMaiden736
Wed May 03, 2006 6:09 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
Turge wrote:And suddenly it just clicked! While listening to "Life Is All Dynamics" I just... man. I was so awed.

I may as well be quoting myself here! The exact same thing happened to me quite a while ago now. That song seems to bring it all together for most people. Truly a beautiful moment.

Yeah, I got into it because of the same song. I listened to it like 5 times and the cd did nothing at all for me. Then I listened again, and when I got to that song I finally "Got" the cd and I realized just how amazing it is.

#120824 by Josiah Tobin
Fri May 05, 2006 10:05 pm
psychotic wrote:I think I was cool with inifinity from there very start mainly because of Christeen being the opener,

Um... Am I missing something here? :P The opener is Truth.

#120830 by Brainwashed
Fri May 05, 2006 11:52 pm
Josiah Tobin wrote:
psychotic wrote:I think I was cool with inifinity from there very start mainly because of Christeen being the opener,

Um... Am I missing something here? :P The opener is Truth.

Heh, I was wonder that as well.

"Terria" was my first Dev of any kind, and it took a while to click, but once it did, I was hooked...bad. For me, "Infinity" has been an album that has grown on me with every listen. There are a few other Dev albums like that for me.

The only one I distinctly remember having a sudden click with was "Synchestra"...it was on the 4th listen I think.

Prior to "Synchestra," "Infinity" was my favorite Dev album. Though, now I think they're both tied.

#124564 by Kivenkantaja
Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:49 am
I bought Infinity yesterday and I loved every single song on it :D Now I'm on my fourth time listening it through and it just gets better and better. I had huge difficulties getting into Terria and some difficulties with OM and Synchestra but Infinity just clicked from the very first notes :D

If it keeps growing like this it'll EASILLY top Terria. Dev, you rule!

#124668 by Noodles
Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:37 am
Infinity took its time for me, I loved Bad Devil and Wild Colonial Boy at first and though Ants was funny. Then I started to have chills down my spine when I listened to Truth and Dynamics, then the amazingness of War, Soul Driven, Unity and Noisy Pink Bubbles came last along with a newfound appreciation for Bad Devil (the bridge/chorus makes my face kinda go numb)

#124881 by frog
Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:54 am
I got into Infinity instantly! It was the production and layering that did it, I think... it just sounds so massive, epic, and groovy. It really portrays insanity well. I already loved City and Biomech and liked Terria, so Infinity just clicked the first time I heard it - more than any of his other records did, actually. It's definitely one of my favorite records he's done - I like it better than pretty much every album that came after it except for maybe Alien (actually no.. better than Alien, too!) although they're all great albums.

#124890 by Kivenkantaja
Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:17 pm
I just realised that getting into and liking something are not the same. I might enjoy of Infinity from the very first time when I listen to it but that doesn't mean that I have any clue at all what the music is all about.

#124895 by Kivenkantaja
Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:09 pm
There is one thing I don't like too much about Infinity. I really REALLY like each and every song on it and listen to it all day. BUT if I consentrate to the music too much I start to feel...bad? Horrible even. It really sucks sometimes.

#125303 by Eyesore
Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:05 pm
I had a hard time getting into Accelerated Evolution only.