The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#155354 by Greg Reason
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:09 am
darknetghost wrote:
Biert wrote:http://hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3164

I've read that post before, but it still doesn't answer my original question. Where did greg reason get that list? Of course, that's a question for him really.

Tracy posted that list years ago. The thread doesn't exist anymore, Geoff cleaned up the boards a few times and deleted tons of old stuff.

And personally I'm happy to see Bad Devil go. I'd much rather the original running order, it works far better. I'll miss Noisy Pink but hey...

#155366 by Das Schuetzenfest
Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:26 am
I don't think Devin will re-do Infinity.

1) It's probably just a rumour that started to spread when Devin stated his intentions to do Infinity again- but right this time. But "Infinity" only as a metaphora of a - total - solo album: Ziltoid.

2) We already re-did Infinity. That's enough. :D
#162021 by SouldrivenDevil
Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:46 pm
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:I don't think Devin will re-do Infinity.

1) It's probably just a rumour that started to spread when Devin stated his intentions to do Infinity again- but right this time. But "Infinity" only as a metaphora of a - total - solo album: Ziltoid.

2) We already re-did Infinity. That's enough. :D

And it appears you have the correct answer. I was told it was going to be done during/shortly after Rayner's birth...and that was Ziltoid.

That cleaver Devin and his way of wording things.....Infinity as a metaphor for a solo album...sneaky mafucca.

#162213 by filthmammoth
Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:13 pm
No ants on the tracklist :(

#162239 by Retribution
Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:00 am
I happened to read an interview yesterday where he mentions this thing about Infinity. Maybe it's the exact one that sparked this whole thing, I don't know. I didn't follow the whole thing very closely. Anyway, the one I read was from July 2006.
He says : "I intend on re-recording it, doing it properly. Ím not a hundred percent satisfied with the record."

It doesn't really sound like a metaphor for another album I think when he really mentions re-recording. Not just "redoing" then. Ziltoid also has another vibe than Infinity. On the other hand, maybe he really intended to re-record it right at that moment but doesn't feel like it right now anymore.

#163351 by Planet Rain
Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:05 am
i dont think he should do redo anything
devin may not be totally satisfied with infinity but i am.
it is my favourite DT album, far out, it is amazing

#163500 by Retribution
Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:28 pm
It wouldn't be necessary for me either since it's also my favorite one. I wonder what it is exactly that bothers him though. Is it the production, particular tracks, the order of the songs,...?

#163511 by djskrimp
Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:41 pm
Retribution wrote:It wouldn't be necessary for me either since it's also my favorite one. I wonder what it is exactly that bothers him though. Is it the production, particular tracks, the order of the songs,...?

I believe it was the album cover. Something to the effect of "not being nude enough" and "I wanted to show my Canadian bacon, but they wouldn't let me."

Oh, whatever. I'm just kidding.

#163547 by Retribution
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:40 am
Hehe, it would be kind of funny to redo an album because of the cover :P

#163846 by Eyesore
Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:15 pm
I never said anything back then (I promised), but this was supposed to happen. I wonder what happened to this idea?
#166620 by Matt Nevens
Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:02 pm
I have read things in interviews with dev over the years and he has mentioned a few things that have never surfaced, i guess because hes always changing his mind about where to go next?

When terria came out there was an interview in Rock sound (UK) by Robyn Dorien, dev mentioned two projects he had outlined;

1) A vision of huge vast ice bergs and water shooting past, a really fast record with tonnes of melody, a bit ;ike physicist but more controlled

Never happened

2) The heaviest thing I can possibly imagine, a record of hell.

I think this may have become SYL or perhaps Alien

Also when i met dev once (2001) i asked if hed ever do an Ocean machine 2 and he said "definetley, ive already got some ideas"

I think these "ideas" went into songs like "Depth Charge" and later "Notes from africa" although i belive the song Notes from africa was written for the terria album and left off because it didnt fit.

Anyhoo, whichever way dev goes next, im sure it will rock!!
#172739 by Mazaro
Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:04 pm
Speaking as someone who's "planned" to rerecord / remaster an old album of mine for years and never gotten around to it, my guess is he meant to but got preoccupied with new material, which is always more fun to work on than stuff you already finished once.
#172870 by Chrysophylax07
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:14 pm
For what I know Dev recorded on tape, not digital. That would mean that he has not only to reopen the project, he has to start from blank. Not an easy task.
I quote the original tracklist, I'm curious to listen to it the way it should sound. (with a second disk with the "leftovers"). But I'd love to listen to Truth in doulby surrond on a hi level system.
I think it's time to a 10 years celebration DVD (a super audio cd, stuff like that).