The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#127043 by SouldrivenDevil
Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:04 am
I heard from a VERY reliable source that Devin was re-recording 'Infinity' with Gene on drums. He's going to start recording it in Feb. '07

Infinity Squared will the the album name...Infinity with the little ass 2 after it

#127045 by Turge
Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:24 am
That's weird... Not much of a break for Dev then, if he's gonna start doing music stuff again in just 6 months from now? :?

#127046 by Josiah Tobin
Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:32 am
Well, I'm gonna be pretty skeptical of this and treat it as just another rumor until anything official is announced.

#127050 by sj_2150
Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:51 am
does he really need to? i think infinity is fine the way it is. i would re-record SYL, just because the quality of guitars are just a bit muddy and the keys dont have much force

#127060 by Josiah Tobin
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:01 am
sj_2150 wrote:does he really need to? i think infinity is fine the way it is. i would re-record SYL, just because the quality of guitars are just a bit muddy and the keys dont have much force

Hasn't he stated before that he wasn't happy with the album (Infinity, that is), and would like to redo it sometime? If he, personally, doesn't think it lived up to his original vision, I'd say that's reason enough-- If the rumor's true at all in the first place, that is.
#127061 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:07 am
SouldrivenDevil wrote:I heard from a VERY reliable source that Devin was re-recording 'Infinity' with Gene on drums. He's going to start recording it in Feb. '07

Infinity Squared will the the album name...Infinity with the little ass 2 after it

What kind of 'very reliable' source was this? I think there is very few reliable sources of information when it comes to Devin's music.

Devin did mention in a recent interview that he would like to record an album of this kind again, though I don't think he meant to re-record the original album.

Though, as always, we will have to wait and see.

#127070 by Metalmonkey
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:51 am
Isn't Gene playing the drums already on this album anyway?

#127071 by Goat
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:59 am
And wasn't the Infinity era the stressfullfullest of them all for Dev? Why go there if he wants to rest? This is fishy.

#127073 by Josiah Tobin
Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:55 am
Metalmonkey wrote:Isn't Gene playing the drums already on this album anyway?

Yes.
And Goat: Yes, it most definately is fishy. Thus my firm belief that it's simply some random guy trying to start a rumor, unless I hear any 'official' word of the project.

#127078 by Biert
Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:49 am
Josiah Tobin wrote:
Metalmonkey wrote:Isn't Gene playing the drums already on this album anyway?

Yes.
And Goat: Yes, it most definately is fishy. Thus my firm belief that it's simply some random guy trying to start a rumor, unless I hear any 'official' word of the project.

Just my thoughts.

#127082 by Yanko
Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:56 am
sj_2150 wrote:does he really need to? i think infinity is fine the way it is. i would re-record SYL, just because the quality of guitars are just a bit muddy and the keys dont have much force

as much as i LOVE Infinity (probably right up there with or a bit under Synchestra), i think i agree. Infinity sounds really good the way it is.

But hey, if the dev REALLY wanted to do it, i wouldn't complain a bit :D

#127123 by SouldrivenDevil
Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:12 am
I know it sounds fishy and all but it's the truth.

Dev, himself was the one who told me, after an off date show like 2 weeks ago.

I asked him if there was any truth to a different version of "Infinity" existing and he said no, but he was re-recording it in Feb (after the babies born obviously) w/ Gene playing drums on the album.

It's going to be the 'original' Inifinty track list as well, including OM and Star Child Rise and I believe another song made up of other bits and pieces of "Processional"

#127124 by SouldrivenDevil
Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:13 am
Goat wrote:And wasn't the Infinity era the stressfullfullest of them all for Dev? Why go there if he wants to rest? This is fishy.

It was the most stressful because of time and the label rushing him to finish, why wouldn't he want to go and re-do it at his own pace and add the songs he really wanted on the first one.

#127130 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:43 am
Well that's pretty cool news then. Not sure what to think of this really...maybe I would rather he make something totally new I suppose. Still, I would love to hear this.

Though, I would like to add that even Devin himself is not always a reliable source of information! Ha.
#127131 by djskrimp
Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:46 am
Blazingmonga wrote:
SouldrivenDevil wrote:I heard from a VERY reliable source that Devin was re-recording 'Infinity' with Gene on drums. He's going to start recording it in Feb. '07

What kind of 'very reliable' source was this? I think there is very few reliable sources of information when it comes to Devin's music.

Hell, Devin himself isn't always reliable for information regarding future musical endeavours...considering how fickle he is, I don't hold much as the gospel until I have the plastic in hand.

Blazingmonga wrote:Though, I would like to add that even Devin himself is not always a reliable source of information! Ha.

Edit: Maybe next time, I'll read ALL of the responses before I post. Sorry, Monga