The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#128906 by day old male
Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:35 am
Man, that's fucking bizarre. I have an original version of Infinity that came out on release and it simply calls it Soul Driven, but as said, when I put it in a computer, it reads it as Soul Driven Cadillac. Strange. And why on your version are the songs listed in the top row all in bold and the ones below it in standard?

#128907 by Atari
Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:36 am
Haven't the foggiest.

#128908 by Biert
Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:26 am
day old male wrote:Man, that's fucking bizarre. I have an original version of Infinity that came out on release and it simply calls it Soul Driven, but as said, when I put it in a computer, it reads it as Soul Driven Cadillac. Strange.

That's probably because when you put it in your computer, it retrieves the tracklist from the internet, like http://www.freedb.org. And those servers rely on the data users input. Someone must have entered the 'wrong' songtitles.

day old male wrote:And why on your version are the songs listed in the top row all in bold and the ones below it in standard?

I'm guessing on the original the first row was in bold, the second row plain, just for design-reasons? And for the re-release it would have been strange to put the bonus tracks in bold because they're not the most relevant part of the album.

#128924 by danceswithchickens
Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:34 am
Atari wrote:HDR release has the shorter names, my copy (the InsideOut release) has the longer names:

Funny...there's a reason Devin shortened the names...why use a whole sentence (Life Is All Dynamics), when one word sums it up beautifully?

#128972 by John
Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:04 pm
Funny indeed. I have the USG edition, which has the longer titles but lacks the bonustracks. For some reason I've always thought of the songs as just Soul Driven and Dynamics, though.

#128996 by psychotic
Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:55 pm
WCB was probably one of the first 3 songs I really grasped onto when I first listened through Infinity. However, it was in a different way. It was more the depth and beauty mixed in with the catchy melody that caught me on this one instead of just the catchy melody (which Christeen and Bad Devil have much more than, but it was their melodies that initially grabbed me). This has always been one of my favorites from Devin.

#129000 by junkmonkey
Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:38 pm
i didn't care for it at first and would always skip over it but until recently i just decided to listen to it and soon realized that it's an amazing song!i love it when songs do that.....don't care for it at first and then BAM!...punch in the face!

#129034 by Ike
Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:42 pm
wcb is probably the devy-song i sing along to most often, for example while driving. the melody gets me every time, and i love the rhythm. i think it's a good addition to the record, as the whole thing starts aout very melodic and understandable and gets weirder and less recognizeable over the time, so that wcb makes a good mark in the middle. an island of sanity so to say.

#130824 by Subcutaneous Phat
Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:13 pm
Tis one of my favourites on the Infinty record. It grips you right from the start, Dev sings it amazingly, and the waltz rhythm part in the middle sets it off perfectly. Better than anything on Physicist, I'd say.

#130831 by Zyprexa
Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:15 pm
I want a Wild Colonial Boy to dance for me. The first time I heard that song I was outside a sex shop. And I was peeking in curiously because I was standing around at the time and who could resist? Then I heard "..f.. yoooouh.. EVER.." etc., but I kept looking into the shop and it wasn't until halfway through the song that I realised some really whore-ish looking woman was peering back at me wondering why I was grinning so maniacally at her legs.

#130843 by Yanko
Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:01 pm
that's like the dude who found an infinity-symbol listening to infinity :lol:

#141376 by starark
Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:22 pm
I farking love the song. One of my fav from infinity