The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#134883 by Goat
Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:36 pm
This deserves a new topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_noise

PINK NOISE!!!

Quote:
"From a practical point of view, producing true pink noise is impossible, since the energy of such a signal would be infinite. That is, the energy of pink noise in any frequency interval from f1 to f2 is proportional to log(f2 / f1), and if f2 is infinity, so is the energy. Similarly, the energy of a pink noise signal would be infinite for f1 = 0. This is not a surprise, though, because a signal containing frequencies down to zero extends infinitely in time."

If this is not what it really is about, I'll eat my Infinity booklet. It's all here, all that haunted Devy then and where he returned to with Alien, namely Skeksis: COLORS RELATE TO NUMBERS RELATE TO SOUND. The color PINK. The numbers ZERO to INFINITY. The sound of CHAOS.

8)

Dev (or Tracy?), do I have to eat it or not?

#134904 by Mayday
Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:18 am
um...wow. how did you come across that?

#134909 by Blazingmonga
Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:41 am
Interesting, very interesting. However, please dont eat your Infinity booklet. It may disagree with your pooping systems.

#135104 by Goat
Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:42 pm
Mayday wrote:um...wow. how did you come across that?

Coincidence. I was checking something in wiki, just scanning through pages and my eye caught a link for pink noise (don't remember which article), thought "hmmmm", clicked and just went "WOW, holy shit, how come this wasn't brought up before?"

#135106 by Hughie
Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:58 pm
I've read about pink noise before, I don't know why I didn't put the two together.. I can't wait to hear from Dev or Tracy!

#135111 by Goat
Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:29 pm
I'll ask in the Ask Tracy section if there's no answer here. I'd really like to know. I mean, all I need is an "Eat it!" or "You don't have to eat it!"

#135115 by djskrimp
Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:26 pm
Goat wrote:I'll ask in the Ask Tracy section if there's no answer here. I'd really like to know. I mean, all I need is an "Eat it!" or "You don't have to eat it!"

Weird Al may have the answer......

#135117 by Goat
Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:39 pm
I don't like universal solutions.

#135225 by sicsmoo
Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:39 pm
Sweet find, man.

#140637 by HauntingTheHoly
Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 pm
I just shit a steel brick. And it's pink.

I always thought Noisy Pink Bubbles were people. This is awesome.

#140709 by Goat
Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:49 pm
HauntingTheHoly wrote:I just shit a steel brick. And it's pink.

I always thought Noisy Pink Bubbles were people. This is awesome.

Well it is people in fact, how Devin saw them at one period of his time, but this ... if it isn't related, if the song title isn't related also to pink noise I'd say it's one hell of a coincidence.

#140756 by Planet Rain
Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:46 pm
the words noisy pink bubbles for me remind me of a mindset i have found myself in when i have been a bit "out of it".

i remember in high school i used to draw this weird creature with tentacles and an exposed brain and its "eyes" were connected infinity across what i perceived as my view.

when i first saw this thing in my mind it was set against a fluro green background and had fluro pink bubbles or circles floating behind it. There may have been other color circles but definiatley fluro green and fluro pink were the main combo.

ive got lots of drawings where i have tried to capture this "thing".

#140826 by the-fluke
Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:32 pm
It's crazy! Just about crazy enough to work!!
Knowing Dev, (which I don't), there probably is an element of 'pink noise' in the song, but again, knowing Dev, (which again, I don't), there is probably some deep alternate meaning known only to him, that no-one could possibly ever guess. This is probably true for most, if not all of his songs, but at least this reveals an inkling into what the song might be about.

Planet Rain wrote:ive got lots of drawings where i have tried to capture this "thing".

Could we see a couple? Sounds interesting!

#140858 by Biert
Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:56 am
Planet Rain wrote:ive got lots of drawings where i have tried to capture this "thing".

Post!! :D