The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#147068 by gurp13
Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:12 pm
I don't know. I'll have to listen to it again. By my memory, that song's guitar has kind of a crackle throughout it. But, I could be wrong and I'll have to put it on the headphones again to see.

#147072 by Josiah Tobin
Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:54 pm
The clean guitar has a bit of crackle when strumming the chord at the beginning of the song, but apart from that I don't hear much.

#147099 by the_scoon
Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:57 pm
I can see why this album is hardest to get into, and I can see why upon first listen you just go "WTF" and maybe put it away. I didn't get that personally. I guess I just loved the emotional output of it. It feels so honest and has such a profound meaning when you think about some of the content on this album.[/youtube]

#147100 by Liquid
Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm
I don't find it really all that hard to get into, personally. I was hoping for some of Devy's standard goofy-weird metal stuff, and I got tracks like Bad Devil, Noisy Pink Bubbles, and Ants. The only song I haven't really gotten into yet is Unity. But the whole thing seems kind of short, though... It really feels like the album is missing a few songs. Are there bonus songs available somewhere that were meant to be on this album? Because I could swear there HAS to be...

#147115 by Archetype
Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:08 am
I've heard that the Infinity EP demo songs, were originally meant to be on Infinity, but Devin changed his mind, or something else, I'm not sure what went wrong.
It's a damn shame though, I love OM, Sit In The Mountain and Processional.

#147120 by day old male
Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:51 am
To the new listener's of Infinity, yes it is a strange album to get into, but extremely rewarding. The thing that's gonna really blow your minds is, when you've gotten used to Infinity, going out and buying the Infinity EP and listening to that! It kind of puts Infinity in a different light once you consider the EP as being part of the Infinity experience. You guys are gonna LOVE it! It fills any gaps you might think exist in the original album. I envy you guys, hehehe.

#147128 by ASHORIZZOR
Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:31 am
I mostly stood away from Infinity, especially after the first listen but nowadays I think how the hell could I avoid this little gem for so long!

#147137 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:27 am
Liquid wrote:It really feels like the album is missing a few songs. Are there bonus songs available somewhere that were meant to be on this album? Because I could swear there HAS to be...

Do yourself a favor and check out the "original Infinity" thread! :wink:

#147152 by JayjayAbnormal
Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:46 am
the_scoon wrote:Love Load is actually one of the only songs I haven't heard by Dev...

Its actually a remix of a Front Line Assembly song with Dev vocals or something. All I know is that its not from the Infinity recording sessions

#147165 by gurp13
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:44 am
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:
Liquid wrote:It really feels like the album is missing a few songs. Are there bonus songs available somewhere that were meant to be on this album? Because I could swear there HAS to be...

Do yourself a favor and check out the "original Infinity" thread! :wink:

+1, this has been discussed, including the track order for the original Infinity album. The search function is your friend.

#147175 by Liquid
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:04 am
gurp13 wrote:+1, this has been discussed, including the track order for the original Infinity album. The search function is your friend.

I'm going to disagree. No matter what site I'm on, the search function never helps. :P

But oh well. Give me a bit longer with Infinity. I know Unity will click eventually, right?

#147176 by Biert
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:06 am
Unity is wonderful. So calming and soothing, and at the same time it's huge. Strange thing, but ever so beautiful.

#147181 by gurp13
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:30 am
Liquid wrote:
gurp13 wrote:+1, this has been discussed, including the track order for the original Infinity album. The search function is your friend.

I'm going to disagree. No matter what site I'm on, the search function never helps. :P

But oh well. Give me a bit longer with Infinity. I know Unity will click eventually, right?

http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3164&highlight=original+infinity

You were saying?

#147183 by Liquid
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:33 am
Well, see, I found that one, but only because someone pointed out the name of it. What was I supposed to search for, "Infinity"? Meh, I just pointed it out here. It's easier to keep my thoughts in one place, anyways. :D

I'm good now. I understand. And I imagine the EP thingie is pretty top notch?