The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#174625 by Abydost
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:17 pm
I figured that buying the Pod XT is economically better since most of the time I either play with my headphones on, or at my friend's. I don't really need more than the 15W that's in my amp, so Pod > new amp? I have a CD/mp3 in on my amp, could I plug it in there? :>
#174640 by Turd85
Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:15 am
I don't know if this helps you, but you can also play through your computer speakers. Just plug the speaker cable in to phones.
And you can record by using usb.
Last edited by Turd85 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#174653 by Biert
Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:44 am
BrunoN wrote:It has whole setup (effects-amp-preamp-speakers-microphone) modelled for convenient direct recording, but there's mode where you can switch off speaker/mic emulation to plug it in in the amp (preferably power amp stage - you plug it in "return" socket in effect loop, if you have one in your amp).

Now I still don't know anything :? :P
#174667 by Turd85
Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Biert wrote:Now I still don't know anything :? :P

Guitar------>Pod----->Amp.
or
Guitar------>Pod---->Computer. When you are recording with pod by using usb, you don't have to mind if your soundcard is crappy (like mine).
#174668 by Abydost
Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:08 pm
Turd85 wrote:

or
Guitar------>Pod---->Computer. When you are recording with pod by using usb, you don't have to mind if your soundcard is crappy (like mine).

Thats all I needed to know. :> Now for some more days of consideration and I will come to a conclusion.
#174689 by Turd85
Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:47 am
I have had my pod now for 3 weeks and I like it more and more every day :D
The next thing I'm gonna buy is a good overdrive pedal, so I can boost my sound.
#174727 by Biert
Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:23 am
Turd85 wrote:

or

See, that helped :D
#174788 by Turd85
Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:10 am
Abydost wrote:I just bought a Pod 30 minutes ago! Congrats me. Anyone got any experience with Soundking cables btw?

Congratulations! I'm not sure, but I might have heard that soundking cables are actually good stuff. :devil:
#179826 by Ouodo
Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 pm
soundsofentropy wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:The intro sounds to me like it is played a bit slower than Dev would, or something is missing anyway.

Blazingmonga is right--it sounds like your delay is set a little awkwardly. I can't tell if it's the playing or the recording that makes the intro. a little sketchy, but I liked the rest of the cover. Also, the part in the middle with the (for lack of a better word) "technical" passage sounds a little amiss. Here's how I play it (in riffs):

E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----4-------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--7-----6--7--4--6-----4--------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------7-----5--7--4--5----4-------------------------4--5--|
C|-------------------------------------7----6--7--4--6--0--4--6--7--------| and

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--0--3----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------5-----3--5--3--5--0--3------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------3--5--3--5--0--3----0------------0--3--5--|
C|-----------------------------------------------------5-----0--3--5------------|

I really like the backup stuff--you should throw in some "Hallelujah!" Good work; keep it up!

PS: Sorry the tabs are sort of awkward-looking. The forums distort them a bit.

First to the original poster. I like your cover you did well, but you slaughtered the middle

As for the tab... I'm sorry to do this here and now, but I've seen that tab, and only that tab for that specific part floating around the internet for a long time. I give whoever did it some credit, but the transcriber obviously did not hit the nail on the head as I'm sure numerous other Dev fans have noticed.

I've spent a ton of time researching this part out of obsession, by watching Dev, listening intently, and studying his music in general with the open C tuning. I feel I can safely say the following is the most accurate transcription of the single note line in the middle of Truth that you'll find. I hope you enjoy it, I know I can rest easy finally knowing this piece.

Code: Select all         x     x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--0h4-----0--------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------6-----4--6--0--4-----0--------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------5-----4--5--0--4-----0-----------------0--4--5--|
C|-------------------------------------------6-----4--6--0--4--6-----------|

x     x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x
G|--0h3-----0--------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------5-----3--5--0--3-----0--------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------5-----3--5--0--3-----0-----------------0--3--5--|
C|-------------------------------------------5-----3--5--0--3--5-----------|
#179832 by soundsofentropy
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:21 pm
Ouodo wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:The intro sounds to me like it is played a bit slower than Dev would, or something is missing anyway.

Blazingmonga is right--it sounds like your delay is set a little awkwardly. I can't tell if it's the playing or the recording that makes the intro. a little sketchy, but I liked the rest of the cover. Also, the part in the middle with the (for lack of a better word) "technical" passage sounds a little amiss. Here's how I play it (in riffs):

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--0--3----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------5-----3--5--3--5--0--3------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------3--5--3--5--0--3----0------------0--3--5--|
C|-----------------------------------------------------5-----0--3--5------------|

I really like the backup stuff--you should throw in some "Hallelujah!" Good work; keep it up!

First to the original poster. I like your cover you did well, but you slaughtered the middle

As for the tab... I'm sorry to do this here and now, but I've seen that tab, and only that tab for that specific part floating around the internet for a long time. I give whoever did it some credit, but the transcriber obviously did not hit the nail on the head as I'm sure numerous other Dev fans have noticed.

I've spent a ton of time researching this part out of obsession, by watching Dev, listening intently, and studying his music in general with the open C tuning. I feel I can safely say the following is the most accurate transcription of the single note line in the middle of Truth that you'll find. I hope you enjoy it, I know I can rest easy finally knowing this piece.

Code: Select all         x     x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x

You are correct, sir!

I watched a one of Dev's gear demos sometime very soon after I tabbed this out on this thread, but didn't bother to come back here. It's fairly obvious (once I watched the video) that he's playing the bit you tabbed out. I've been playing it *right* ever since, and it's a lot more fluid and fun.

Sorry to have not corrected myself... :oops:
#185768 by A-Daamage
Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:41 pm
soundsofentropy wrote:
Ouodo wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:

You are correct, sir!

I watched a one of Dev's gear demos sometime very soon after I tabbed this out on this thread, but didn't bother to come back here. It's fairly obvious (once I watched the video) that he's playing the bit you tabbed out. I've been playing it *right* ever since, and it's a lot more fluid and fun.

Nope, that's still a bit wrong, and I can't seem to figure out the EXACT tab. The notes in brackets are still incorrect.

E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--0h4-----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------6-----4--6--0--4------[0]-----------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------[5]-----[4]--[5]--0--4-----0-----------------0--4--5--|
C|-------------------------------------------------6-----4--6--0--4--6-----------|

E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--0h3-----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------5-----3--5--0--3------[0]-----------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------[5]-----[3]--[5]--0--3-----0-----------------0--3--5--|
C|-------------------------------------------------5-----3--5--0--3--5-----------|

It's still really hard to see how Dev is hitting the strings for those notes in the Instructional video. Maybe someday the man himself will set things to rest and just show us not-so-ridiculously adroit people how he wrote the greatest guitar riff ever.
#185780 by soundsofentropy
Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:10 pm
A-Daamage wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:
Ouodo wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:

You are correct, sir!

Nope, that's still a bit wrong, and I can't seem to figure out the EXACT tab. The notes in brackets are still incorrect.

G|--0h4-----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------6-----4--6--0--4------[0]-----------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------[5]-----[4]--[5]--0--4-----0-----------------0--4--5--|
C|-------------------------------------------------6-----4--6--0--4--6-----------|

G|--0h3-----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|-------5-----3--5--0--3------[0]-----------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------[5]-----[3]--[5]--0--3-----0-----------------0--3--5--|
C|-------------------------------------------------5-----3--5--0--3--5-----------|

It's still really hard to see how Dev is hitting the strings for those notes in the Instructional video. Maybe someday the man himself will set things to rest and just show us not-so-ridiculously adroit people how he wrote the greatest guitar riff ever.

No, I'm pretty sure Ouodo is right. Those notes sound right and that's what it looks like Dev is playing. Besides, in this video, it's pretty clear that there aren't a whole lot of other options for the bracketed notes. So unless you can come up with some alternate notes to throw in there, I think you may be tricked by overtones or something. It sounds just fine to me. Good luck, in any case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQxeYQt1OAs