The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#174507 by Turd85
Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 am
Comments are welcomed so I know what to do better next time.
#174536 by BrunoN
Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:18 am
Good one. I think it could be best Truth cover I've heard here, and there was already, like, four of them :)

What's I don't like? Dunno, sounds bit clippy, but it may be crap soundcard's amp in my computer. And that guitar part in the middle sounds bit different of the original, but I don't mind it that much, IMO covers doesn't neccesarily have to be note-to-note identical.
#174549 by Blazingmonga
Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:04 pm
Pretty good dude! Nice and loud and with lots of crunch. The backing keys and vocals are really cool.

I agree that it does sound a bit too loud/clippy. Perhaps some taming of your levels would not go amiss.

The intro sounds to me like it is played a bit slower than Dev would, or something is missing anyway.

Still, excellent work dude. Keep it up!
#174555 by Turd85
Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:53 pm
Yeah I noticed that audio levels were too high.
I played this little bit slower because I wanned to get more heavier feeling.

Thanks for comments! I'm gonna try to improve my skills :guitar:
Last edited by Turd85 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
#174586 by soundsofentropy
Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:32 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:The intro sounds to me like it is played a bit slower than Dev would, or something is missing anyway.

Blazingmonga is right--it sounds like your delay is set a little awkwardly. I can't tell if it's the playing or the recording that makes the intro. a little sketchy, but I liked the rest of the cover. Also, the part in the middle with the (for lack of a better word) "technical" passage sounds a little amiss. Here's how I play it (in riffs):

E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----4-------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--7-----6--7--4--6-----4--------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------7-----5--7--4--5----4-------------------------4--5--|
C|-------------------------------------7----6--7--4--6--0--4--6--7--------| and

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--0--3----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------5-----3--5--3--5--0--3------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------3--5--3--5--0--3----0------------0--3--5--|
C|-----------------------------------------------------5-----0--3--5------------|

I really like the backup stuff--you should throw in some "Hallelujah!" Good work; keep it up!

PS: Sorry the tabs are sort of awkward-looking. The forums distort them a bit.
#174594 by BrunoN
Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:49 pm
soundsofentropy wrote:
PS: Sorry the tabs are sort of awkward-looking. The forums distort them a bit.

Try using code tag, like this:

Code: Select all
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----4-------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--7-----6--7--4--6-----4--------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------7-----5--7--4--5----4-------------------------4--5--|
C|-------------------------------------7----6--7--4--6--0--4--6--7--------| and

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--0--3----0--------------------------------------------------------------------|
C|--------5-----3--5--3--5--0--3------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------3--5--3--5--0--3----0------------0--3--5--|
C|-----------------------------------------------------5-----0--3--5------------|

#174596 by Turd85
Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:39 am
soundsofentropy wrote:you should throw in some "Hallelujah!" Good work; keep it up!

I Don't have a mic yet :D

You are right about those parts, they are litte bit fucked up. I'll have to change my delay settings.

Thanks for your help!
#174604 by BrunoN
Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:44 am
Abydost wrote:Nice, I really like the intro. That's the kind of distortion I want for my guitar, instead of the fuzzy dirty distortion that the L6 Spider 3 gives me.

I think I've heard such preset in NI's Guitar Rig 2.
#174607 by Turd85
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:31 am
Abydost wrote:Nice, I really like the intro. That's the kind of distortion I want for my guitar, instead of the fuzzy dirty distortion that the L6 Spider 3 gives me.

I recorded this with pod xt.
#174616 by Turd85
Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 pm
Abydost wrote: Record some more!

I'm considering that and the next song will be greetings. All I need is better vst synth. :?

Anyone got some ideas?
#174624 by BrunoN
Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:49 pm
Abydost wrote:Since we're already sorta "on the topic" on the Pod XT, how exactly does it work? I plug my guitar into the Pod, then Pod into my amp? :3 Sort of a silly question but I don't know much about guitar processors.

It has whole setup (effects-amp-preamp-speakers-microphone) modelled for convenient direct recording, but there's mode where you can switch off speaker/mic emulation to plug it in in the amp (preferably power amp stage - you plug it in "return" socket in effect loop, if you have one in your amp).