The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#179760 by mineralinsulated
Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:10 pm
i cant believe ive missed this album up to now, have prettty much every other official release of Devins and SYL but for some reason this one has gone under the radar! Ive only listend once so far but it sounds 'wet with sound'. Should hold me over until Ki arives!
#181843 by Alex78
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm
I've never tried acid but I'd imagine acid + "Ants" would be pretty weird.
#197433 by Wander
Sat May 09, 2009 5:49 am
I don't believe in the theory that you need to be on drugs to appreciate certain albums properly.
#197455 by soundsofentropy
Sat May 09, 2009 11:19 am
Wander wrote:I don't believe in the theory that you need to be on drugs to appreciate certain albums properly.

I've never heard that theory. I don't know exactly what a "proper" appreciation for an album is, if it exists, but listening to music on drugs is often just a very new and different experience. It's not to say that it's better or worse--just different.

I loved all of Dev's stuff before I'd even tried drugs, anyway.
#244116 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:12 pm
Listening to Ants already makes you feel like you're on drugs, so it would be redundant to enhance an already awesome experience.

I introduced my manager (who's Canadian) to Devin over a year ago, and I gave him Infinity and Terria to start him off. He like both albums, though when he saw Infinity's cover, there was instant bemusement, and he noted that Devin must have problems (in a nice way of course).
#244483 by mrbean667
Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:38 pm
Infinity is a trip already, you don't need any more drugs!
Coming from someone who has never taken drugs but knows a fuckload about them, Infinity is LSD in audio form.
#244513 by Chimairacle
Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:33 pm
I love Infinity, it's so raw.

Wander wrote:I don't believe in the theory that you need to be on drugs to appreciate certain albums properly.

And yeah, neither do I. If they didn't affect everyone differently, then that might be a different story. Like watching a 3D movie without the retarded glasses. :)