The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#230719 by Octillus
Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:32 am
Like many other songs on this album, it is very dense and difficult to get into (at least for me) at first. When it reveals itself to you, it's like that scene in Pi.
#234051 by Hyperviolence
Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:44 pm
Oh boy. I really have no idea how to describe this song without sounding pretentious so I won't even try. Like Octillus said, it's a very dense and layered song, not immediate at all and something I'd never play for someone who had never heard Devin before. I don't remember exactly when it clicked for me, but when it did, holyyyyy fuck. It's not on my most listened to Dev songs, but when I'm in the right mood, the middle section sounds like the greatest piece of music ever recorded. I can only think of two songs in my life that ever made me tear up, and this was one of them. DON'T GIVE IN.
#237473 by the_scoon
Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 am
That super slow chuggy riff that comes in at 1:02 is so damn crushing. The atmospherics in this track are amazing too; probably one of my favourite tracks on this album, just because of how much just this song alone takes you on a huge journey.

HAVE PATIENCE
#237514 by daneulephus
Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 pm
:D

I agree whole-heartedly. It's deep...the deepest. I remember chatting with Dev about it on his bus on the feather album tour, and he was explaining all these crazy words and vocal layers that are hidden in there somewhere. I still have yet to hear what the hell he was talking about lol. But, I still hear something new every time I hear this song, and it's been what, 11 years? haha.

Too often I accidentally show people this song too early in the game, and they haven't a clue what's going on.

I feel this song best respresents the butterfly ....like, the way it reveals itself....
#246296 by Jaymz
Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:35 pm
Complex song is complex. Like Processional, there's lyrics 'in there' that I cannot hear. Anyone fancy clearing any of it up? I'm taking the words from online sources so correct me if any are woefully wrong:

"Everyone who knows and everyone who noticed... Anyone who noticed anyone who knows it" just after "Sing Maute Dingas!" but I'm deaf to it: anyone know where it is in the song?

The Nature, Cadillac, Jesus, Allah etc bits after each "Soul Driven" phrase are eluding me too...

And anyone got any ideas about what else "The Voice of God" is saying at the end, aside from "bodywash"?

Sorry that was a helluva lotta crap to ask!

I adore the riff from 1:00 onwards to 2:15ish, those low, chugging notes just bleed oomph. Great for blasting out when no-one's in the house. Infinity's getting some proper serious listening from me recently, noticed Processional's notched up 268 plays in just over a year. I quite like that song.
#246464 by mrbean667
Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:14 am
Dev's mania is really evident in this song. Love it.
Especially when I'm manic as well!
#251229 by MikeC26
Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:08 pm
Amazing song. Probably one of my top 10 favorite Dev songs.

Love that HUGE riff with the "Eyyyyah, eyyyah, eyyyah, eyyyah!" melody. And the the part where the drums have rest and go right back into the beat gives me goosebumps upon every listen.
#278758 by KeasbyNights
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 pm
I know no one has commented on hear for awhile, but one of my favorite moments of this song was actually one that totally caught me off guard. I was listening to it really loud one day and picked up something in the background at 3:46-4:02. You can hear the very beginning bassoon notes in Stravinsky's Rite of Spring in the background under all the pixellated noises. It struck me when I heard it buried under there, maybe because I love the Rite of Spring so much.

I guess it's a small part to the sum of the whole song. I just thought I'd point it out. :)
#306236 by herman
Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
This song is the shit. Period. I feel like I'm listening to the entire universe from 1:01 onwards. Just such an incredible song.
#306533 by LicoriceLain
Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:39 pm
This is one of his all time best. This song is the perfect amalgamation, or the closest to, of his goofiness, more sinister side and his zen-ing out.