All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#274986 by mrbean667
Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:03 pm
Here's what it means:

Interviewer: What is the Ocean Machine?

Dev: Ocean Machine is the human body. Because it's 79% water. Y'know, it's the most dramatic form of technology on the planet, and it's made up of something we take for granted, it's made up of neutral liquid, that we think of being the lowest liquid.

When you think of water you don't think of anything special, something that's capable of harnessing such immense power, but it is.

(later on)

Dev: Not only the ocean that I'm as much concerned with as much as water, where you just look at it and it's... the ultimate. Water is God to me, because it is without being anything...

(Thanks to Griff's interviews)
#274991 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Makes perfect sense. Water is the most powerful element, and the building block of life.
This also gives a greater appreciation for the title Biomech.
#298456 by C_Lydian
Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:50 am
It's interesting how Devin's perspective changed. Around the time of OM, he thought humans being water based pieces of meat was a spectacular thing. Around the time of Infinity, he thought that humans being "noisy pinkbubbles" was a horrifying thing.
#305561 by KeasbyNights
Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 am
C_Lydian wrote:It's interesting how Devin's perspective changed. Around the time of OM, he thought humans being water based pieces of meat was a spectacular thing. Around the time of Infinity, he thought that humans being "noisy pinkbubbles" was a horrifying thing.

And it's even more interesting now, with his discoveries about himself on Deconstruction and Ghost. Finding your weaknesses and wanting to kill that weak/bad part of you, but then realizing you just need to forgive yourself and move on to better things. I love that you can get those messages from the music, but I'm glad that at the same time, "It's just entertainment, folks!"