All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

What is your favourite Ocean Machine song?

5%
5%
7%
7%
3%
3%
3%
3%
0%
0%
0%
0%
2%
2%
0%
0%
3%
3%
7%
7%
12%
12%
8%
8%
#209767 by Milesaru
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 pm
To me as the album plays through from first track to last its almost as though it reminds me of being at a beach for the frist few tracks, then moves on into dipping your toes into the ocean, then to swimming in it and for the final 3 tracks being killed by it, slowly drowning, reflecting on life. But my favourite tracks have to be Seventh Wave, Life, Night, Funeral and Voices In The Fan (partly for the awesome orchestraic outro). A truely epic album!
#215758 by Tree
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 pm
Funeral is the first DTB song I heard and it made me fall in love with the music... it was what I had been searching for
#219347 by Zombie-inc.
Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:34 am
I thought thing beyond things was on this album. Or was it just a bonus song in some region?
Not that it matters alot, I chose the death of music, i love that shit.
#219620 by orbsonb
Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 pm
The whole album is fantastic, and The Death of Music is far and away the most gargantuan and stunnning composition on it in my opinion...but it's not a song I can listen to all the time.

Bastard is just so aching and desperate sounding...it grabs every time when it gets to the second chorus ("and they will justify it, but you know it will take them sloooooooow"). The riff in the first half of the song is so massive, it sounds like the guitar is like a crying whale or something. haha i dunno how to put it specifically but it's my favorite song on the album to listen to regularly.

#220770 by theconjob
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:52 am
I picked Funeral because it is the most affecting and intense song on the album IMO.

Although I did give serious consideration to Voices in the Fan. There's something beautifully haunting about the monotone vocals in the verses that I just can't get enough of...
#221178 by SupraKarma
Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 am
It depends on the day, sometimes Night, other times Funeral, or Bastard. Regulator for the amazing chorus. Life for its bittersweetness. The epic Death of Music. Things Beyond Things, the best album closer ever. Seventh Wave with its great intro and crushing riffs.

It's without a doubt the best, most diverse and emotional Devin record, and my favourite album of all time.

Re:

#231099 by ErikSeastead
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:40 pm
the fluke wrote:hard choice as to me this is the perfect album. it is beautifully composed and balanced. also has THE most epic ending to an album of all times.

ended up choosing "night" purely because of the memories it evokes. it was the perfect soundtrack for roaming the streets of tokyo and snowboarding the monuntains of nagano. also has my favouite line in any song "And I love you more than I can say But I hate you every other way".....magical

Deep Thoughts With Devin Townsend... lol, you need to check this out, It has to do with those lyrics....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuzsNOL ... re=channel
#233448 by rhiawiz
Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:51 pm
I'm new to the board (but a long time fan) and have been taking all the favorite song polls for each album. Fun to do them all in a short time span!

Most of the time, my favorite song is not the number one song at all, but for some reason, the masses agree on Bastard. I think that it is even my favorite DT song ever, actually. it was hearing that song that made me become a huge DT fan. i think it's brilliant in its simplicity (at least the chord progression is relatively simple) and its epic impact. the vocal harmonies are haunting, the guitar soars, and the tune is dark. it's about anything i could ask for in a song. i love this whole album, but that song is the pinnacle!
#255451 by Hurls34
Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:13 pm
Life... easy, with Seventh Wave a very close second.

However, if the tune Ocean Machine was put on this one, I actually might have to go with that one.
#256938 by Alf
Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:17 pm
The entire album is uniquely magical, but I'd say Voices in the Fan is my favourite. Or Life.
#257017 by atum_rick
Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:56 pm
It has to be The Death of Music to me. I can listen to it in all of my moods. When I'm happy, I get happier. When I'm sad, I kind of know everything will be allright. When I'm angry, I realize it's not worth it. When I'm stressed, I just relax.

But I love all of his other OM songs. Life is like a punch of...well, life. Night makes me fell like I'm coming home. Seventh Wave is the best of his album openers. Bastard is so emotive. The whole album is wonderful. But TDOM really gets me.
#257049 by mrbean667
Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm
It's a real toss up for me, but I'd say Funeral.