All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#66059 by Simon
Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:32 am
Anyone know if Devin will be releasing a new Ocean Machine album or was it strictly a one-off project? :?:

#66070 by Bloody_Rust
Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:34 am
Not sure. Something Ocean Machine-ish would be great though, as it's such a great album. I don't know whether it could ever be topped, though :)

#66076 by Simon
Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:19 pm
That's true, it was an awesome album. In an ideal world 'Life' would have charted but unfortunately we live in an age of prepackaged, processed pop where decent music rarely gets widespread recognition. :cry:

#66078 by Bloody_Rust
Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:26 pm
It would have been excellent if 'Life' had been released in England. Even my mum likes it. I think that a lot more people would love Devin's music over here if it was played on the radio and stuff. Whilst there are people with very bad taste in music living here, there are also some others with great musical taste ;)

#66099 by Simon
Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:34 pm
Ocean Machine are signed to EastWest which is a major label owned by Warner so it's not like they were a small label that couldn't afford to promote them. I just think that they are unwilling to take the risk. I doubt that Devin is too bothered anyway it's just that you feel like his music deserves to get mainstream recognition.

#66130 by A-Daamage
Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:50 pm
I have an interview somewhere that came with one of the orders I put in to HDR, I think this was back in 1999, and Devin mentioned possibly doing a sequel to Biomech. This was also before he started up SYL again, and back then, the only solo albums were OM and Infinity, and if I remember correctly, OM was considered another band, hence the name of the first pressing of the CD being Ocean Machine - Biomech, not Devin Townsend - Biomech (that was a horrible run-on sentence).

But, now that OM is considered part of his solo catalogue, I'm willing to bet Biomech is the only OM album that will see the light of day. This of course saddens me greatly as OM is the greatest album ever written. Then I put OM into my CD player and that sadness is instantly relieved.

#66132 by A-Daamage
Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:53 pm
Simon wrote:Ocean Machine are signed to EastWest which is a major label owned by Warner so it's not like they were a small label that couldn't afford to promote them. I just think that they are unwilling to take the risk. I doubt that Devin is too bothered anyway it's just that you feel like his music deserves to get mainstream recognition.

Actually, Ocean Machine was released under HevyDevy Records. Right now, InsideOut is distributing the album. I'm not sure where you got your info, but OM was always an HDR release and Devin has said as long as he can make a decent living he doesn't care about radio promotion.

#66171 by catharsis
Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:59 pm
my copy says eastwest too, not inside out

#66213 by simen_88
Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:47 pm
My copy clearly says HDR.

#66293 by Simon
Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:50 am
My Physicist and Terria albums say Inside Out and Ocean Machine says EastWest as well as USG records which I am guessing is the European distributor. 8)

#66294 by Simon
Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:52 am
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts guys. I don't know anyone else I can discuss D T's records with. My brother thinks anything heavy metal related is sad and noone I know has ever heard of Devin Townsend. So sad that there are actually people who will never hear the genius of his work! :cry:

#68977 by NOOSE
Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:04 am
MINE HAS HDR :)

I own close to 7000 different cd`s, and this one is my all time favorite by a land slide, God I only hope he makes a another, terria was close, but there is some kind soul imbeded with in these songs that hasnt been matched

LOL

that probably sounds pretty lame, but until I hear something as good or better it stands my opinion.

:)

#68978 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:15 am
Inside Out for me btw. Dev should do a 45-min-DOM-II-Epos...I'd die for that one....

#69004 by Persuader
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:52 am
Devinaddicted_Nils wrote:Inside Out for me btw. Dev should do a 45-min-DOM-II-Epos...I'd die for that one....

Hell yeah, a one-track album, say 60 minutes or so...Damn that would be sweet. I don´t need the OM tag on it, as long as the music is in that division. "The death of music - Part II" or something like that. *shivers*