All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#88323 by psychotic
Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:19 am
I gotta say, I love a cheesy melody though. While it isn't something that is overly popular with the more metal and prog type of crowds, sometimes a great melody can make a song (well, usually), and really give a good band another step up, and I think in a sense Devin does that at times when he comes up with some of those amazing melodies.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who will always list Alice Cooper's "The Ballad of Dwight Fry" as one of his favorite all time songs.

#88374 by Greg Reason
Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:33 am
psychotic wrote:I gotta say, I love a cheesy melody though. While it isn't something that is overly popular with the more metal and prog type of crowds

BULLSHIT!!! Metal fuckers are Hell Keen on cheesey melodies!!! Metal people are among the cheesiest of the cheesy!

#88403 by psychotic
Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:23 pm
Yeah, but I've always found metal cheesy to be more in the attitude, like Manowar, yeah, they do have some cheesy melodies I guess, but without the combination of chaps and bikini underwear mixed in with a tough attitude they'd just be a band with some cheesy melodies, but look at them now. Same goes with black metal, which is just plain funny.

#97676 by zoobee
Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:48 pm
dose any one knows why dev worth it?

#97819 by Biert
Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:00 am
I'm guessing: Does anyone know why Dev wrote it?
#177338 by pedalmetal
Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:58 pm
okay, so I was just listening to this song and I had to wonder, who said the two quotes in the beginning and end? "The awareness that one day, we won't have to look them in the eye" and "we're no different from any other organism."
Just curious.
#211920 by trilog1
Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:56 pm
Bump! haha.

I fucking love the intro to this song. It sounds so much like its being projected through water. I love it!
#213068 by Aniland
Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 am
This is, to me, maybe the perfect song. I used to have trouble figuring out which Devin song was my favorite, "Earth Day" or "Life"...I pick "Life". It is the perfect blend of pop and metal influences.

I share this song with everybody that I can. So far, only one person has let me show them directly, and they loved it. The other person I showed it too liked it as well, but they were more interested with Ocean Machine as a whole (which is PERFECTLY okay with me!)
#232294 by ico
Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 am
Same here, will slip on life as an introduction to DT music to anyone within ear range, then work my way up to Ziltiod or SYL.

Life is easly his most accessible song, pop even. To me its about being yourself, if you dont then you will feel like a fool when you croak it. :lol:
#237251 by Knotrice
Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:26 pm
pedalmetal wrote:okay, so I was just listening to this song and I had to wonder, who said the two quotes in the beginning and end? "The awareness that one day, we won't have to look them in the eye" and "we're no different from any other organism."
Just curious.

Don't know if it's still the same for you, but take a look at the first link on this page.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&q=we%27re+no+different+from+any+other+organism&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bb9a2ef59eb6905b

Now isn't that funny?
#237299 by Kristopher
Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:19 am
Knotrice wrote:
pedalmetal wrote:okay, so I was just listening to this song and I had to wonder, who said the two quotes in the beginning and end? "The awareness that one day, we won't have to look them in the eye" and "we're no different from any other organism."
Just curious.

Don't know if it's still the same for you, but take a look at the first link on this page.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&q=we%27re+no+different+from+any+other+organism&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bb9a2ef59eb6905b

Now isn't that funny?

just takes me to the google hompage?? is that the joke??
#237311 by swervedriver
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:10 pm
The first hit is the joke.