All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#81587 by Socialenemy69
Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:04 am
I introduced all of my friends to Dev's Solo work with "Life" and all their jaws dropped! They too were wondering why they had never heard a song so good before. The song now ranks up to being of their favorite songs ever.

#81603 by Greg Reason
Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:32 am
Life is pretty cheesy stuff. I love it, but it's like "woah, graduation scene at the end of some eighties high school flick!"... especially the guitar solo, heh :lol:

#81663 by funny_little_guy
Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:07 am
Life is pretty cheesy stuff. I love it, but it's like "woah, graduation scene at the end of some eighties high school flick!"... especially the guitar solo, heh

Haha man I'll try and get Life played at the end of my graduation that would be great. I'm on a mission now.... too bad I almost always fail

#81665 by Chris
Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am
funny_little_guy wrote:Haha man I'll try and get Life played at the end of my graduation that would be great. I'm on a mission now.... too bad I almost always fail

Hope this won't stop you now from wanting Life to be played at your graduation, but if it should happen, we'd have something in common :wink:

At my school's celebration for those who graduated with their "Abitur" (you get if after 13 years of scholarship and basically allows you to study at an university after that; just in case you don't know the term), each one had to go on stage and do some shake hands before getting your diploma. Each student could choose a song's excerpt about 30 seconds long or so, which then was played when he/ she went on stage. I chose the beginning of Life.

One of my rare positive moments at school (besides the ones that didn't really have to do with the school itself), so putting in this uplifting and simply amazing song was not the worst choice in my life so far.

#81667 by the toilet
Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:07 am
I remember hearing life for the first time when i bought OM 7 years ago. After the sombre feel of Seventh Wave, it really does lift you up. The song is cheesy, but its fantastic! The depth really is there and The song is very layered. Top banana!

#81718 by funny_little_guy
Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:46 am
One of my rare positive moments at school (besides the ones that didn't really have to do with the school itself), so putting in this uplifting and simply amazing song was not the worst choice in my life so far.

Thats awsome, I recon I could get it played if I tried hard enough. It's at least kind of approprate..... more approprate than say AC's classic 'I Lit Your Baby On Fire' I mean people just really wouldnt like that at all.

#81729 by Chris
Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:14 am
funny_little_guy wrote:Thats awsome, I recon I could get it played if I tried hard enough. It's at least kind of approprate..... more approprate than say AC's classic 'I Lit Your Baby On Fire' I mean people just really wouldnt like that at all.

Just tell them that you can't decide between Life and Shitstorm, but one of these songs MUST be played at your graduation. They won't lose any time adding Life to the playlist.

#81733 by funny_little_guy
Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:41 am
Haha knowing my pricipal I could probally have shitstorm if I really wanted.... now you've got me thinking.

#81736 by Chris
Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:19 am
funny_little_guy wrote:Haha knowing my pricipal I could probally have shitstorm if I really wanted.... now you've got me thinking.

I just want your best bro, you know :twisted: :wink:

#85670 by Frosty
Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:02 pm
I think this song,one of Devin's best stuff+one of the best song i have ever listened...

#85671 by Frosty
Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:04 pm
:oops:

#85678 by asparagusDuck
Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:53 pm
about a year ago when i was first getting into Dev's solo stuff i played Life for my two friends and they both said it was gay. I have not been able to get a single one of my friends into Devin. They all suck :roll:

#85689 by gurp13
Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:31 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:about a year ago when i was first getting into Dev's solo stuff i played Life for my two friends and they both said it was gay. I have not been able to get a single one of my friends into Devin. They all suck :roll:

I have this same experience. Some people just can't "hear" the Dev.

#85699 by Chris
Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:11 am
asparagusDuck wrote:about a year ago when i was first getting into Dev's solo stuff i played Life for my two friends and they both said it was gay. I have not been able to get a single one of my friends into Devin. They all suck :roll:

Okay, so Life is gay... Hope you put Strapping on afterwards :twisted:

#87970 by tearslicky
Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:35 pm
Life is my favourite Devy song....ever! Dagnammit! The first time I heard it I was crying after the first chorus and just never wanted it to end! And seeing it played live...literally changed my life! I was mentally in a pretty bad way at the time! I was even considering giving up playing guitar...but seeing a couple of hundred big beardy metallers swaying together, singing along and crying...it brought back all my ambition! One day I hope to be able to have people react to my music in that big a way.

Hehe, just typing this post has made me well up...