All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#72141 by psychotic
Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:58 am
After a break in between the last one, I thought it was time we all discuss another Devy song, and that one's Life.

Life I've got to say may be my favorite song off of Ocean Machine (really hard to pick a favorite off of there though). Anyway, just the overall upbeat melody is something right off the bat that gets me, and the overall feel of the song is pretty upbeat, but also with a melody that isn't overdone either, but still catchy. I think Devin does a great balance on this one, and as always, the emotion is there all the way.

#72207 by Blazingmonga
Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:41 am
The perfect pop song, quite possibly. I can't wait to see the full video for this aswell, which should be on the Devy DVD.

As always, even though it is packed full of melody, it still has all the depth and layering of a more 'evil' song. One of those songs you never want to end. Infact, ages back, when I first downloaded this song I listened to it on repeat for a couple of days. Then bought the album.

#72215 by Olive?
Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:42 am
Life is one of my favourites Dev's songs ever. It has the power to make me feel happy and relaxed every time I listen to it. I don't really know why, but it works great!!! :D

#72221 by Bloody_Rust
Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:13 am
Life was the first song of Devin's that I heard, besides SYL. I don't know what I expected from his solo stuff at the time, but it definitely wasn't something like this song. I knew I'd love it right from the opening chords. I listened to it again and again and again, and my jaw was practically on my knee the whole time. To me it's a feel good song, but it can also make you feel quite down in the dumps, depending on the situation.

#72237 by Blazingmonga
Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:45 pm
It was stunning live aswell. I think it was recorded for the DVD, so that will be nice.

#77392 by rgx612a
Tue May 03, 2005 7:19 pm
Why wasn't this song a hit? It seems like it should of been, it's catchy as hell.

#77406 by STS
Wed May 04, 2005 5:05 am
can't wait so see video!!

#77510 by gurp13
Thu May 05, 2005 7:22 pm
This is my favorite DTB song. I like it very very much. It's very hopeful and uplifting.

#77974 by bpeter
Wed May 18, 2005 4:13 am
I like it very much! Its almost a pop-rock song! SYL vs. Life...

#78983 by SolidusSnake082
Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:57 pm
Life to me is like the cigarette after a big orgasm... ahhhhhhhhhh 8)

#78988 by Hellhammer
Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:27 pm
I love this song. It was one of the first Solo songs of Dev's I ever heard and I have loved it ever since. I think it could have been a big hit with mainstream music listeners too. Can't wait to see the video.

#79040 by niklang
Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:32 am
This is the song that sticks in your head when you first hear the album i think, its a simple pop song in many ways as said and i guess thats why.

Its an amazing song, i love listening to it, brings a smile to my face everytime guaranteed. I love the solo to, just cranks up the joy factor to another level!

Oh... and woohoo 200th post!

#80104 by Verdo
Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:22 am
"Life" is simply the best song on the best album of the greatest musical artist of all time...

I want it to be played a my funeral

#80179 by SolidusSnake082
Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:06 pm
If Seventh Wave doesn't achieve the mood of the album (for some twisted reason), Life delivers. When ever I think of Ocean Machine, those are the two songs that immediately come to mind.

#81573 by Lykathea
Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:04 pm
Awesome song. Extremely powerful, it's one of the few songs I've heard that I feel as if the musician is completely expressing themselves to the audience, like a trip through his soul and mind at the same time. Devin is a master at that.