All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#128523 by TheBolg
Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:20 pm
I'll just have to agree with most of you. The Death of Music is perhaps the best Dev song there is. Never before have I heard anything with so much emotion in it. It's a perfect nighttime listen and it manages to send chills down my back every single time.

Even Devin himself will have a hard time topping this gem.

#128526 by YojimbO
Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:35 pm
Listening to The Death of Music at nighttime in a pitch dark room with earphones is HAUNTING. This one just devours all of my full attention like nothing else. It makes me forget anything else on my mind EVERY time I hear it even for 1,5 year now and it hasn't lost a bit of it's magic.

#135882 by Burzum
Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:07 pm
Ive said before on here that Ocean Machine - from Funeral onwards - is the greatest 30 mins of music I've ever heard with The Death of Music being the highlight.

#135917 by Biert
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:40 am
Am I the only one who thinks The Death Of Music is rather... boring and doesn't fit with the rest of the album at all? Should have been on EKO.

#135918 by Blazingmonga
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:48 am
Biert wrote:Am I the only one who thinks The Death Of Music is rather... boring and doesn't fit with the rest of the album at all? Should have been on EKO.

Erm...yes, you are the only one.

#135920 by sj_2150
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:50 am
Blazingmonga wrote:
Biert wrote:Am I the only one who thinks The Death Of Music is rather... boring and doesn't fit with the rest of the album at all? Should have been on EKO.

Erm...yes, you are the only one.

Its true Biert, youre the only one

#135925 by Biert
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 am
Good. I like to be one-of-a-kind :D
Last edited by Biert on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

#136038 by Alex78
Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:18 pm
Burzum wrote:Ive said before on here that Ocean Machine - from Funeral onwards - is the greatest 30 mins of music I've ever heard with The Death of Music being the highlight.

Yeah, I think that's true. Funeral-Bastard-TDOM, that's truly majestic sfuff. Somehow I think that the triple Pixillate-Judgment-A Simple Lullaby on Synchestra is quite similar...

#136051 by Metalmonkey
Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:30 pm
Archetype wrote:And this already showed me Devin's eletronic side. People who are shocked by Devlab of Project EKO really didn't listen carefully to The Death Of Music.

When Devin talked about Devlab, I was expecting something close to TDOM. It wasn't the case hehe... But I like it.

However, all the quiet parts where Devin is whispering in "The Death of Music" could fit into "The Hummer".

Best song ever!

#136101 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:53 pm
Biert wrote:Good. I like to be one-of-a-kind :D

Nope. I, too think that it sounds a tad odd because of the electronic "drums", yet not very misplaced. But the different production on the bonus track "Thing..." prevents Biomech from being an absolutely perfect album, so it's just a perfect album

#136186 by Goat
Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:02 pm
Spoiled brats is what you two are. :lol: No no, you just have your opinion. Someone has to. For us fanboys it is all too easy. We just go "Oh everything by Dev is grand, everything is where it needs to be, it's just absolutely perfect." But you, you dig in hard, you don't get fooled so easily, you don't let things slide, things that matter, yes.

#136226 by fragility
Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:45 pm
I suppose it's the fact that it's a bit different that makes some of us go WOW and others think that it's not quite right. Like others have mentioned I also agree on that whole ending thing. In fact on my way home tonight I was pondering why those 2 notes of Bastard (when Dev sings bastard" really gets me. There's no logical explanation...anywho, the end of OM is definately the best, I get all excited knowing those songs are coming

#136228 by frog
Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:46 pm
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:
Biert wrote:Good. I like to be one-of-a-kind :D

Nope. I, too think that it sounds a tad odd because of the electronic "drums", yet not very misplaced. But the different production on the bonus track "Thing..." prevents Biomech from being an absolutely perfect album, so it's just a perfect album

The production on TBT doesn't feel different, though, since it's separated by TDOM which already has a different drum sound and a new feel. It makes OM feel complete if you ask me. If OM isn't absolutely perfect, then none of his albums are.

...and you're right, it's not.

#136230 by Josiah Tobin
Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:50 pm
Last night around 11 PM, I burned Funeral, Bastard, and TDOM to a cd (Yes I still use a busted old cd walkman, laugh away) and went out for a walk in the rain, as others have mentioned before-- I ended up wasting somewhere around an hour just wandering the streets at night, walking very slowly to the tempo of the songs... Definately a calming experience.

#136235 by Leechmaster
Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:31 pm
One of my best memories of this song is sitting in this tiny little hole in the side of a cliff on the southwest coast of Ireland in a place called Bantry with my girlfriend. We'd literally go there at around 6 and just sit looking up at the sky or out over the ocean with Dev on until midnight. TDOM just sticks in my mind as the song we played the most. It just felt right in the setting. Worked well with the ocean lapping against the rocks... Good times.