All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#136446 by woebegone
Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:16 am
I like it when he goes "wait..thats not what im trying to say.." This tune features the Devy-kind-o-vocals noone can match emotionally. End of days! No thats not what im trying to say..end of story :P

#139745 by lillepott
Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:38 am
TDOM is just pure bliss, nothing less. The title suits aswell, I actually have to pause and enjoy the silence for a while, I can't listen to any other song for some time :)

#149715 by Beelzebobo
Thu May 17, 2007 4:53 pm
It figures Devin would name a track that proves music is as alive and innovative as ever "The Death of Music." This has got to be his best vocal performance and the song is pure genius.

#149721 by Sirius
Thu May 17, 2007 6:39 pm
I like it too, when I'm in the mood for it >.<

I've gone off Devymetal recently for some reason, I think I over-listened to everything.

But I do remember when I first heard this song, it certainly is quite spectacular and really emotional in a non 'emo' way, if that makes sense :P

#149722 by ghaleon0075
Thu May 17, 2007 6:51 pm
Sirius wrote:But I do remember when I first heard this song, it certainly is quite spectacular and really emotional in a non 'emo' way, if that makes sense :P
Emo doesnt mean emotional, so its all good.

But yeah, this, Bastard, Funeral, and Things Beyond Things are easily my favorite tracks off of the album

#149723 by djskrimp
Thu May 17, 2007 7:35 pm
Sirius wrote:I like it too, when I'm in the mood for it >.<

I've gone off Devymetal recently for some reason, I think I over-listened to everything.

But I do remember when I first heard this song, it certainly is quite spectacular and really emotional in a non 'emo' way, if that makes sense :P

You have to pace yourself. Cleanse the palate with some Wham!, and then come back. George Michael is the musical version of bread. "Guilty feet have got no rhythm".

#149806 by Puzzleface
Fri May 18, 2007 9:08 pm
Took me a while to really get into TDOM.

I was an SYL fan before I became a Devin Townsend fan so a lot of what I listened to was colored by that narrow mindset.

When I finally really began to appreciate Devin's solo works it dawned on me what a fantastic song The Death of Music Is. It is, by far, my favorite track on Ocean Machine.

Now that we have experienced Devin's drum programming prowess on the Ziltoid album I'm wondering if he would do anything different to the drum machine track on TDOM?

#158043 by Archetype
Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:40 pm
Just listened to it while staring out a hotel room window, looking out over the North Sea, at night.

Wow.. just wow. This chorus just keeps getting better and better.

#158055 by Liquid
Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:04 pm
This is Devin's best song ever, I am convinced. I hate this particular sort of song... I thought. I was wrong. This song just gets me every time, and it is so ridiculously powerful. That last chorus and the way Devy sings his lungs out afterwards are just perfect. Amazing stuff, very textured.

#158059 by Deathcom7000
Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:42 pm
Puzzleface wrote:Now that we have experienced Devin's drum programming prowess on the Ziltoid album I'm wondering if he would do anything different to the drum machine track on TDOM?

I hope not man. That beat is so awesome.
#231107 by ErikSeastead
Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 pm
Man, no one has posted in such a long time. How could not post their feelings for this song for 2 years. I love this song. It is So epic. Its like Supercrush. Only it has more emotion. Much calmer as well. Now with the DTP, Ki has also created very good walking alone in the dark music. :) Thats almost my favorite kind.
#233049 by the death of music
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:54 pm
best song ever written as far as im concerned. the playcount for this was up to 320 on my ipod until it broke the other day.
ever listened to it very loudly through headphones on acid? incredible, beautiful, epic, emotional, and everything else.
#233723 by 666between_his_horns
Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 pm
An absolute highlight for me, this song.

I love the "speaking" at the end - I find that a really nice touch every time I listen to it.

Just re-discovered OM Cd recently - and I listened to it almost every day for years (I think since about 1995 or something like that?).

Can't wait to see Devin here in Australia in a few weeks! Weather's lovely and warm at the moment, too!
#233746 by ErikSeastead
Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:17 am
666between_his_horns wrote:An absolute highlight for me, this song.

I love the "speaking" at the end - I find that a really nice touch every time I listen to it.

Just re-discovered OM Cd recently - and I listened to it almost every day for years (I think since about 1995 or something like that?).

Can't wait to see Devin here in Australia in a few weeks! Weather's lovely and warm at the moment, too!

Damn, I was born in '94.....

Warm eh? The snow just started falling outside. It is supposed to be the largest snowfall ever recorded in the Washington DC area...... haha....