All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#235073 by static2
Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:51 am
Prismyk wrote:Were could I find a live of The Death of Music ?

this song was never performed live. you won't find one anywhere!
#235088 by swervedriver
Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:53 pm
static2 wrote:
Prismyk wrote:Were could I find a live of The Death of Music ?

this song was never performed live. you won't find one anywhere!

It's part of the soundtrack of Duke Nukem Forever.
#235246 by Pik_Nick'92
Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 am
I've been listening to OM a lot lately, and I have to say, this song definitely stands out from the rest. I decided to give it a proper listen a few weeks ago before I got shut eye, and It felt like all the nerves of the brain that helped function emotions was shown to me through the earphones. The rhythm, the random noises, dev singing everything there.

The experience reminded me of listening to Pink Floyd's Welcome To The Machine.
#236975 by ausbushman
Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 pm
This is the kind of song that not only stands out from the rest of the album, but from the rest of what I've heard, ever!

It's a beautiful, powerful track. I love the tune, the synths, not missing the loudness of heavy guitars and drums at all.

The saddest thing about this song is the fact that it has an ending! I wanna keep hearing the track play forever! Seriously I'd buy an album consisting of a super long version of this track.

Just wanted to show my love for this song.
#237134 by catharsis
Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:08 pm
Ive said it a few times in the setlist threads but i really think dev should think about doing a full-band version of this song live for his next tour. as a set-closer before the encore or maybe even as the encore. for a few years now i've been envisioning a slightly heavier (guitar & drum wise) version of this song and if i was talented enough i'd do a cover of it. i wouldn't say its the best dev song ever but its definetely one of the most unique. the chorus/end is some of the most powerful singing i've ever heard and i think the only thing sort of holding this song back is the background music isn't as powerful as it could be.