All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#85413 by asparagusDuck
Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:32 pm
If it were up to you, where would you put the song Ocean Machines on the album Ocean Machine?
I'd probably put it somewhere near the end of the album with the other long songs.
Maybe something like this

Regulator
Ocean Machines
Funeral
Bastard
etc.

#85461 by Blazingmonga
Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:31 am
Yeah, I think it would have to fit into the longer, more epic tracks towards the end. I am not sure when though.

The thing with Ocean Machine is that its pretty much 74 minutes of music, so it seems like every second is meant to be there and is valuable. I think it turned out just perfect. Although the song Ocean Machines is very good, I just wouldnt know where to put it on the album! It would seem like breaking something if you were to squeeze it in.

#85463 by Das Schuetzenfest
Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:33 am
Ahhh, Ocean Machines, one of my fav Devin songs: maybe between "Sister" and "3 A.M."

#85522 by asparagusDuck
Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:30 am
Yeah I agree with you. Even though Ocean Machines is a kick ass song, I'm glad the album is the way it is in terms of songs and order.
I wonder if Dev originally had a spot picked out for it on the album or if it was scrapped before getting that far.

#85585 by gurp13
Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:45 pm
You know, I bet someone will freak out when I say this, but...

I think that if you removed "The Death of Music" from Ocean Machine that the Ocean Machines track would fit very nicely at the end of the album and really end it right. I know a lot of people are very partial to TDOM, but it has always felt sorta, well, funny sounding next to the rest of the album. It feels tacked on. It's a great song, I think, and I dig it. But, it has a totally different feel from the rest of the album, IMO. But, Ocean Machines totally fits the vibe of Regulator or Bastard and Funeral. It really seems to be much more of a kind with that other songs on that album, as opposed to TDOM.

So, there. I said it. TDOM out. OM's in. :-)

#85606 by Blazingmonga
Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:07 am
gurp13 wrote:You know, I bet someone will freak out when I say this, but...

I think that if you removed "The Death of Music" from Ocean Machine that the Ocean Machines track would fit very nicely at the end of the album and really end it right. I know a lot of people are very partial to TDOM, but it has always felt sorta, well, funny sounding next to the rest of the album. It feels tacked on. It's a great song, I think, and I dig it. But, it has a totally different feel from the rest of the album, IMO. But, Ocean Machines totally fits the vibe of Regulator or Bastard and Funeral. It really seems to be much more of a kind with that other songs on that album, as opposed to TDOM.

So, there. I said it. TDOM out. OM's in. :-)

I understand what you are trying to say here...but....but.....blasphemy!!!!! Thats it, you're banned! And then I am going to tell all your friends and family what you just said, and they will be pissed!

Ahem.

Seriously though, TDOM is the dogs bollocks.

#85611 by Chris
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:21 am
gurp13 wrote:So, there. I said it. TDOM out. OM's in. :-)

Thou art a very brave man :wink:

Hm... Well, if Ocean Machines replaced TDOM, then it would be right behind Bastard... Not sure if that fits that well. But I certainly see your point, TDOM definitely goes into a different direction than the rest of the album. Not just because of the music - which is pretty obvious - but it also sets me in a totally different mood than the other tracks on the album... Maybe I refuse to agree because Dev managed to create such a great flow between Bastard and TDOM

Hm... Tough decision. At least too tough for my state of mind at this moment :roll:

#85612 by Chris
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:24 am
Blazingmonga wrote:I understand what you are trying to say here...but....but.....blasphemy!!!!! Thats it, you're banned! And then I am going to tell all your friends and family what you just said, and they will be pissed!

Ahem.

Too much Hoggis? :wink:

And Gurp... Wait till Dave sees your post :twisted:

EDIT: Oh, he already did. Hm. New avatars always confuse me. Sometimes even more than Lars' sexual desires.

#85614 by Blazingmonga
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:33 am
It's HaggIs...and no, you can never have too much!

Lars has previously (PERViously...?) admitted to me that he is 'very confused'....

#85618 by Chris
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:42 am
Blazingmonga wrote:It's HaggIs...and no, you can never have too much!

Lars has previously (PERViously...?) admitted to me that he is 'very confused'....

Actually, he is both. ConfusED an confusING.

I want an Ocean Machines re-recording... This song rocks my hairy anus. Just to let you know (and to be at least slightly on topic)

#85620 by Coma Divine
Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:06 am
Chris wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:I understand what you are trying to say here...but....but.....blasphemy!!!!! Thats it, you're banned! And then I am going to tell all your friends and family what you just said, and they will be pissed!

Ahem.

Too much Hoggis? :wink:

And Gurp... Wait till Dave sees your post :twisted:

EDIT: Oh, he already did. Hm. New avatars always confuse me. Sometimes even more than Lars' sexual desires.
:lol: :lol: on all counts!!

#85677 by asparagusDuck
Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:51 pm
Chris wrote:I want an Ocean Machines re-recording... This song rocks my hairy anus. Just to let you know (and to be at least slightly on topic)

i'm hoping that maybe Ocean Machines is the old song the guys are re-recording for synchestra! that'd be pretty sweet.

#85683 by BlueRaja
Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:44 pm
Some haggis is too much haggis. :wink:

Ocean Machines is a great, great song. Hard to believe it was left out. :)

#85686 by gurp13
Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:24 pm
I'm still trying to figure out how something being "the dog's bollocks" is a complement. Although, sometimes I have said that something cool is "the cat's ass." But, it sounds cool at first and then I think of a cat's actual ass and I go, "Wait, that's just not cool."

Anyway, I really really really like TDOM. But... Oh, nevermind, I said it already.

Do people really eat haggis or is that just a joke?

None of my friends or family like Devin Townsend. I live with and hang with very silly people, I guess. I try to play it for them and they just don't get it.