All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#85695 by Chris
Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:42 am
gurp13 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how something being "the dog's bollocks" is a complement.

Well, you know... He's from Scotland :wink:

gurp13 wrote:Do people really eat haggis or is that just a joke?

Ahm... Aaaaaah... "Well, you know... He's from Scotland :wink: "

#85716 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:26 am
[banned] Replacing The Death Of Music with Ocean Machines? Sounds like an intriguingly interesting idea, I must say... [/banned]

I keep my fingers crossed that it's actually Ocean Machines that's being re-recorded for the new DTB album.

#86661 by asparagusDuck
Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:13 am
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:I keep my fingers crossed that it's actually Ocean Machines that's being re-recorded for the new DTB album.

if this were the case, i wonder how much he would change the song. wasnt it kept off the album partially because he felt it was too long?

#86664 by Greg Reason
Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:19 am
I love this song but it's prety cheesey and there is enough cheese on OM as it is (Life in particular) and I think it's sort of best left off. You'd have to remove another song to put that one on and all of the tunes that are on OM are pretty much irreplacable... at least in my eyes. Perfect the way it is.

#86666 by asparagusDuck
Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:27 am
greg, i'm curious what you find cheesey about OM.

edit: the song OM

#86700 by Blazingmonga
Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:37 am
VampireDaveGrohl wrote:The dog's bollocks, ahhh, the wonderous weirdness of slang.

This is a bit long, bit it's good. British slang. Just in case you think "no-one talks like this", i reckon i regularly use around 80% of these words.

http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml

Thats a cool site...bloody long though! I didnt see anything new to me though. I actually also got a Scots dictionary free the other day....but that ('as they say') is another kettle of fish.

And yes people do eat Haggis! (when will you guys learn, mangoes and haggis are both really great!!!).

What were we talking about again?

#86773 by VampireDaveGrohl
Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:40 am
there comes the mangoes again!! I think i missed a vital discussion along the way.

#113215 by Bolweevil
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:44 pm
Concerning the song Ocean Machines: it's one of my new favorites, and I would have liked to have seen it somewhere on a "true" album. I think I might burn my own custom copy of OM with the song placed somewhere. Ideally I wouldn't remove anything but unfortunately that makes the album too long. Dev works too hard and puts out too much quality material--there's no room for it all!

I tried to make a "best of" compilation and ended up making a 3-CD set. At that rate I might as well just take all the songs from the 6+ albums and do a random reordering!