All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#88733 by VelvetKevorkian429
Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:41 am
I heard there is.. but I don' know where I could see it. is there really one? and does anyone know where I could watch it?

#88753 by Greg Reason
Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:05 pm
Yeah, and it's disgusting... terrible. I can see why Devin hates videos.

You should be able to see this soon on the bonus DVD with Synchestra.

#88777 by funny_little_guy
Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:31 pm
I just don't see how it could be that bad. Meh it's the Storm video I'm interested in anyway, hopefully that one has some merit.

#109423 by psychotic
Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:40 pm
Those aren't bad at all. Anyway, the only music video that is on my DVD is Storm.

#112560 by Skeptic
Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:57 pm
I saw this video on Rage (Music program that goes all night on ABC on weekends). And yeah, it wasn't the greatest... Still, I'd LOVE a copy of it if anyone has it handy to add to my Devy collection! :P

I link maybe? I heard there was a video search option in Google.com but I can't seem to find it :( The image search option is very cool, however.

#112561 by Coma Divine
Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:17 pm
I actually saw it on Rage, and recorded it.

Now, before you start jumping all over me, 2 slight hassles:

1. I have very little idea on which of my several hundred old VHS tapes it is on (actually, I think I have it twice) and
2. Even if I found it, I'd have absolutely no idea how to turn it into an .avi or whatever.

Bah-hugger. :(

#112592 by sj_2150
Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:14 am
maybe i could contact rage and see if they still have it in their archives

#112595 by Mordecai
Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:51 am
Haha, the video for Life is so weird.

My old maths tutour is insane and he tapes pretty much everything that's ever on TV and then catalogues it in his computer. I asked him one day if he had any Devin Townsend clips and he managed to find 'Life' and 'Detox'. I'd already seen Detox so we sat there and watched the 'Life' video while drinking Apple Berry Cherry juice instead of doing quadratic equations.

Good times. :D

#112598 by Tracy
Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:07 am
Before people criticise too quickly bear in mind that the videos you are used to seeing cost usually a minimum of $10,000 but more likely $20-50,000.

Life cost $1,500 at a time when we were both working part time jobs to pay for it. We can't afford to put a massive amount of money into making a video that will likely never be played anywhere. Storm cost about the same amount. We would rather not make videos at all because unless you have a huge amount to spend, they are going to look crappy.

#112600 by sj_2150
Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:31 am
Tracy we dont give a shit, we just wanna see dev do his thang. i find it insane when i hear that people spend even 15000 on a music video let alone those videos that cost millions.

#112620 by Biert
Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:23 am
Skeptic wrote:I link maybe? I heard there was a video search option in Google.com but I can't seem to find it :( The image search option is very cool, however.

http://video.google.com But I don't think it's on there. You might try other online video archives like Launch maybe?
Tracy wrote:Before people criticise too quickly bear in mind that the videos you are used to seeing cost usually a minimum of $10,000 but more likely $20-50,000.

Life cost $1,500 at a time when we were both working part time jobs to pay for it. We can't afford to put a massive amount of money into making a video that will likely never be played anywhere. Storm cost about the same amount. We would rather not make videos at all because unless you have a huge amount to spend, they are going to look crappy.

Was the budget for Vampira in the same range?

Metallicas Frantic video cost one million dollars and it was crappy.

#112624 by day old male
Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:53 am
If anyone saw the videos FF recorded for a couple of tracks on their latest album (which they put on the bonus dvd with Transgression), I can assure you they were most likely cheaper to make than Life and Storm, and I think that's the way Dev should go with making vids for the DTB. Just get a couple of digital cameras, hire a few film students for $25 an hour and just shoot the performance of the song. Doing it that way would be far more effective than making a really cheap version of what record labels spend millions on getting the best to do. Besides, we just wanna see the band, the more raw and real, the better.

#112656 by junkmonkey
Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:13 am
Storm cost only about $1,500?..wow i thought it was a really cool video actually!very well done for a small video budget

#112691 by Tracy
Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:35 pm
Biert wrote:Was the budget for Vampira in the same range?

No, it was somewhat higher because we didn't pay for it. Inside Out did. The director did wonders with the budget though.